Doing research on death metal, and I need your help

Scourge of Amalek

Metal Ethnomusicologist
Aug 7, 2003
Little Rock, Arkansas
Visit site
Hey, there.

I'm a senior student at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, majoring in music history/literature, with a focus in ethnomusicology and Indian percussion. I'm required to write a senior thesis (due in May), and I have chosen death metal as a final topic.

I'm trying to collect a pool of people whom I could interview, just to get fan opinions of the death metal "community" and also of musical styles. If you'd like to participate, please send me a PM. I can give you more details afterward (or check the Amon Amarth forum, where I was much more long-winded...).

So, if you'd like to be interviewed, and would like to give your opinions on some musical samples, by all means send me a message. And thanks to bobvex for giving me permission (back in October or some such) to post this.

maybe u can get some death metal fans here, but my personal suggestion is trying on other forums bcs bodom is not the best example for death metal.

Have you just come onto the bodom fourm's to ask about death metal, oh dear. :lol:

Bodom are not death metal and if you start asking for help in fourms like bodom etc you are going to get a of bullshit from 14 year old kids that don't know what they are talking about.

Go to Cannibal Corpse's, 6 feet under, Obituary, Death's fourms, if you don't want a bunch of eyeliner wearing kids to answer you :)

:)

Hey, there.

I'm a senior student at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, majoring in music history/literature, with a focus in ethnomusicology and Indian percussion. I'm required to write a senior thesis (due in May), and I have chosen death metal as a final topic.

I'm trying to collect a pool of people whom I could interview, just to get fan opinions of the death metal "community" and also of musical styles. If you'd like to participate, please send me a PM. I can give you more details afterward (or check the Amon Amarth forum, where I was much more long-winded...).

So, if you'd like to be interviewed, and would like to give your opinions on some musical samples, by all means send me a message. And thanks to bobvex for giving me permission (back in October or some such) to post this.

ask Rocksane, she pwns everyone here in deathmetal subject

Have you just come onto the bodom fourm's to ask about death metal, oh dear. :lol:

Bodom are not death metal and if you start asking for help in fourms like bodom etc you are going to get a of bullshit from 14 year old kids that don't know what they are talking about.

Go to Cannibal Corpse's, 6 feet under, Obituary, Death's fourms, if you don't want a bunch of eyeliner wearing kids to answer you :)

:)

that's right cob is not death metal 100% but cannibal corpse is too.. 50% gore 50% death metal