Doing research on death metal, and I need your help!

Scourge of Amalek

Metal Ethnomusicologist
Aug 7, 2003
Little Rock, Arkansas
Visit site
Dear Opeth Forumites,

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. In order to graduate, I need to write a B.A. thesis, due in mid-May 2008. I've chosen death metal as a final topic. The bulk of my research will be interview-based.

I need to assemble a pool of metal fans who are willing to participate in small, one-on-one interviews (given through IM programs, email, or the UM private message feature). Participants will listen to various .mp3s (legally licensed) and respond to the songs with comments on musical style.

If you'd like to participate in this project, PLEASE send me a message. Thanks! Thanks to Mr. Samsara for (long, long ago) giving me permission to post this message.

I would definitely be willing to participate.

Sea of Tranquillity, a prog/metal website did a similar thing like this years ago. I have also studied music theory and realize that it needs to become more of an intellectual issue.

Wow, that's crazy, I live in Jonesboro, AR, I'm a junior in high school now, but I plan on going to U of A. Small world, eh? But I'd definately be willing to do this.

Sounds interesting, I'm in! Could you elaborate on what kind of responses you are looking for?

Dear Opeth Forumites,

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. In order to graduate, I need to write a B.A. thesis, due in mid-May 2008. I've chosen death metal as a final topic. The bulk of my research will be interview-based.

I need to assemble a pool of metal fans who are willing to participate in small, one-on-one interviews (given through IM programs, email, or the UM private message feature). Participants will listen to various .mp3s (legally licensed) and respond to the songs with comments on musical style.

If you'd like to participate in this project, PLEASE send me a message. Thanks! Thanks to Mr. Samsara for (long, long ago) giving me permission to post this message.

What are you graduating in?

I think in Italy is absolutely impossible to write a thesis on death metal..

put me down.....im always willing to help a fellow metalhead in his quest for eternal truth..>!!!....PEAC EOUT