I need opinions on bands HELP

I've been listening to metal for a long time now. But I mostly listened to Arcturus, Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse, Six feet Under, Opeth (My favorite) etc... But recently I've wanted to listen to a larger variety of bands. I bought some CDs and I've been interested in a number of bands. Can some of you guys give your opinions on the following bands? It would be greatly appreciated...Thanks! Pyrexia, Marduk, Suffocation, Burzum, Enslaved, In Flames, Bolt Thrower, Anathema, Amorphis, Vader, Immortal, Old Mans child, soilwork, Dissection, Cryptopsy, Children of Bodom, Incantation, Skinless, Defleshed, Carcass, Samael, Zyklon. I have some albums from a bunch of theses already..but I'd still like some opinions. And maybe some recomendations also....Thanks..

Pyrexia- never heard 'em

Marduk- don't care for 'em

Suffocation- not bad brutal death

Burzum- avoid like a whore with the clap

Enslaved- get all their stuff. excellent band

In Flames- just get Lunar Strain, Subterranean, Jester Race, and Colony

Bolt Thrower- they're okay

Anathema- I prefer Serenades, but Alternative 4 and Judgment are still quite excellent

Amorphis- Tales from the 1000 Lakes and Elegy are essential

Vader- not bad

Immortal- get everything

Old Mans child- ummm, no

soilwork- if you have their CD's, I feel sorry for you. my farts sound better

Dissection- if you don't have all their CD's, die motherfucker

Cryptopsy- not essential

Children of Bodom- i like 'em, but they're not essential

Incantation- could take or leave 'em

Skinless- no

Defleshed- double no

Carcass- see Dissection

Samael- so so

Zyklon- get it or die

What kind of opinions? Well heres my go, I have heard most of those, but some I havn't heard enough to really get a grasp on...
Marduk- I am not too into these guys, they try too hard to be as evil as possible, not atmospheric, and kind of boring.
Burzum- Infamous, Varg was incredible, the atmosphere he conveyed was surpassed by no other. Not too evil, not too doomy, It is so hard to describe this man.
Enslaved- One of the black metal bands that started 10 years ago, and has really shined and deserved the praise they have gotten. Each album is different, but not completely, that range from extreme black metal to newer more stoner/black metal. Up there with the likes of Emperor.
In Flames- One of the originators of the really melodic swedish death sound. Typical dual guitar Harmonies, often cheery, and always melodic, many say they have evolved into something not as good as they used to be, which I would agree with. Albums like Whoravle and Jester Race, though, are classics.
Anathema- I am not too familiar with this band, but their earliest stuff is much like death metal, but they have evolved so much since then to an acoustic rock/doom metal hybrid, and their past leads up to this.
Amorphis- Yet another band who has made big changes. My fav album is personally Tales from the Thousand Lakes, which includes death vocals with very well done progressive death metal. They have since then become a much more progressive unit, and more original, but I don't think it beats the feeling of the older stuff.
Immortal- Can't deny their greatness and inspiration in black metal. Up their with Emperor, and Enslaved Immortal was a more thrashy outfit with utilized for the most part only one guitar, bass, and drums in the most full sounding three piece to have ever existed. Lately they have become much more progressive.
Old Mans Child- Hmmm, I can't describe why I love these guys, they just have always have had a sound like no other, but most easily compared to mid-era Dimmu Borgir, but more guitar driven. A lot of the times its almost..bouncy, not very evil :)
Soilwork- My fav along with In Flames in the melodic death category, but they are much more talented, and have a more progressive, and extreme sound. Also are much more atmospheric, now that I think about it, I think I like them more than In Flames.
Dissection- A must have, melodic death/black metal, this band needs no introduction.
Children of Bodom- Many don't like, but I love em, have all of the CDs. Extremely talented symphonic black/speed metal which is majorly influenced by classical music, and has many classically styled melodies. Singer/Lead Guitarist is incredible, and really stands out.
Carcass- THE Death metal band in my opinion.
Samael- I have never been a huge fan of neither their older or newer stuff. For some reason they are always one of the first bands that someone new to black or death metal hears of. The older stuff is more black metal, and pretty simple, it's nice to just hear some old stuff sometimes, while the newer is more interesting industrial metal somewhat.
Zyklon- Emperor, being my favorite band, I presumed I would love these guys. I wasn't too impressed upon initial listens, but from more they have grown on me.

Whew, there ya go, I was bored enough to do that. Hope it helps. As for recommendations...
Agalloch- Indescribable, beautiful music which on the first listen may come off as sounding a little bit like Opeth, but really isn't at all. "Oaken cabin in the snowy woods" metal.
Borknagar- One of my fav bands ever, atmospheric, and more epic than black meta. A must...I prefer the first two albums because of the atmosphere. Very hard to describe these guys with justice.
Satyricon- If you like Emperor, then you must have. Their first three albums, Dark Medieval Times, The Shadowthrone, and Nemesis Divina are some of the best black metal records EVER, dark, full of atmosphere, and perfect blend of rawness and epic melodies. My fav black metal band along with Emperor.

Oh, and the reason why I didn't include everyone is vecause like I said I am not familiar enough with them, and also I didn't want to have to describe every single one...

burzum: a must if you like ambient black metal. hvis lysset tar oss (something like that) and filosofem are killers.
in flames - another must. get all.
anathema - one of my fave bands in the world. they got me into real metal. though their old vocalist darren doesnt know how to sing.
amorphis - exceptional band. get everything by them. i personally dont like their first two releases (the priviledge of evil and karelean isthmus), but you may.
immortal - pure black metal. another must. (very corny band photos though)
soilwork- have their last two albums. very much like in flames. a must.
children of bodom - outstanding band. get all.

thats all. i wasnt very informative, but these bands dont require much explaining. they wont disappoint you.

Pyrexia- no idea
Marduk- no idea
Suffocation- decent mildly technical death
Burzum- no idea
Enslaved- fair, overrated black metal pioneers
In Flames- great band, ultra melodic death: the newer stuff tends to get more simplistic and melodic, the older stuff is more interesting
Bolt Thrower- boring mildly brutal
Anathema- brilliant band, atmospheric and intelligent, the older stuff is very doomy and slow
Amorphis- ok band, older stuffis good black/folk metal
Vader- brilliant, brutal, essential. the last three are as essential as the Emperor cds
Immortal- good black metal band, i prefer the newer better produced stuff
Old Mans child-no idea
soilwork- amazing band, they truly grow with each release, anyone who can't appreciate the talent and maturation of these melodic death masters is a fucking moron
Dissection- essential melodic swedish death, pioneers
Cryptopsy-no idea
Children of Bodom- good intro to the melodic Finnish death metal scene
Incantation-no idea
Skinless- no idea
Defleshed- no idea
Carcass- essential brutal semi-technical death
Samael- ok, black metal with industrial touches
Zyklon- amazing, half of Emperor are in Zyklon, and it shows

I would say, off this list, my recommendations for essential acquisitions are-
In Flames-The Jester Race or Colony
Anathema-Judgement
Vader-Litany or Revelations
Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos
Dissection-Storm of the Light's Bane
Children of Bodom-Follow the Reaper
Carcass-Heartwork
Zyklon-World of worms

Vader, Dissection, and Zyklon should be at the top of the list!

Unfortunately I have only heard of two of the bands you asked about:

In Flames - Swedish melodic death metal. Twin-guitar melodies, fast-paced. The older stuff is better - I recommend The Jester Race.

Anathema - I don't really know what genre to label them. It's slow, sad, atmospheric. I recommend Judgement.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Marduk - Derivative and boring
Suffocation - Good death metal but there are better.
Burzum - excellent black metal the first albums.
In Flames - Quite boring cloning
Bolt Thrower - excellent death metal
Anathema - good doom metal though the latest is kinda Radioheadish rock and IMO not good.
Amorphis - early stuff was excellent death metal, later stuff is Pink Floyd/Kingston Wall-worship. IMO the originals are better.
Vader - Decent death metal, gone a bit stale with their later releases.
Immortal - Early stuff is good black metal, later stuff ranges from decent to good blackened thrash with thrashiness fading a bit in their last release.
Old Mans child - Another derivative and boring band.
Soilwork - And yet another. Early stuff is At The Gates-worship (original is better), later stuff is boring and poppy.
Dissection - Good melodic black metal.
Cryptopsy - Decent but severely overrated.
Children of Bodom - Another band that is derivative and boring. Power metal with gruff vocals.
Incantation - Decent death metal.
Defleshed - Good thrash metal with more originality than most of the other thrash acts surfacing nowadays.
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness and Necroticism are excellent death metal mixed with grindcore and Heartwork is quite good too.
Samael - Early stuff is great black metal, later stuff is more in the electronic vein but I like it too.
Zyklon - Decent

Pyrexia- never heard 'em

Marduk- puke

Suffocation- Wild motherfuckers!

Burzum- A puke here too

Enslaved- They're great

In Flames- Whoracle - present sucks! the other are decent

Bolt Thrower- Main Thrash, okay

Anathema- They're pretty good, not my type really though

Amorphis- Fucking great! get all!

Vader- Kinda basic death metal! great though!

Immortal- get everything

Old Mans child- not my type either

soilwork- decent

Dissection- Great! Great! great!

Cryptopsy- decent

Children of Bodom- Alexi ruins it all

Incantation- great!

Skinless- no

Defleshed- hehe never heard but the name makes me scream no!!!!

Carcass- Great!

Samael- pretty good

Zyklon- decent

Amorphis - great!!!!! they used to be 100% death vox, but now they are a experimental psychadelic rock with middle-eastern influences, very cool!

Anathema - once again, amazing, get Judgement, Alternative 4 or A Fine Day to Exit

Children of Bodom - Awsome neoclassical metal with rather funny vocals, excellent tight band!

Carcass - Brutal medical themed music, a must have, i recomend Heartwork as the first album to get

Samael - kinda experimental black metal, but the last few albums lean more to the industrial side, anyways, get Ceremony of Opposites or Passgae first, good stuff

and now time for my own suggestions....

Winds - If you love Arcturus, you'll love these guys, simple as that

Virgin Black - dark syphonic goth metal, really creepy and awsome lyrics, the Sombre Romantic album is a must have

Green Carnation - Every Opeth fan should embrace these guys, check out the song(er..should i say album) Light of Day Day of darkness, and this shall be you.... :OMG:

hope that was of help :)

Burzum - shit
Enslaved - get all
In Flames - decent get jester race, whoracle, and colony
Children of Bodom - get Hatebreeer and Something wild
Mayhem - utter shit
Old Man's Child - never heard
Immortal - annoying ass shit
Bolt Thrower - decent
Skinless - brutal, brutal, brutal
Carcass - good, check em out out
Virgin Black - pretty good
Green Carnation - VERY GOOD
borknagar - VERY GOOD
Suffocation....yawns
Defleshed - never heard
Amorphis....i dont know, take or leave
incantation - shit
Cryptopsy - get whisper supremecy and and then you'll beg
DEATH - GET THEM ALL OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Soilwork - not for me try Dark Tranquility
Zyklon - never heard
Pyrexia - never heard

other bands to get:

The Sins Of Thy Beloved - If you like Virgin Black, Winds, Theatre Of Tragedy, etc
Theatre Of Tragedy.....
Nightwish....
Malevolent Creation
Napalm Death
zao
katatonia
saviour machine
extol
within temptation
coroner...thrash!
EVEREVE!!!

Marduk- pretty good black metal, at the top of their field. I like the fact that, with all the experimentation that many BM bands are doing, they've stuck to their guns and proceed to get heavier and faster. Reccommend "Panzer Division Marduk", a good song to check out is "502".

Suffocation- saddly departed now, but intense technical death metal (and I mean intense, the atmosphere is really thick). "Pierced from within" was pretty good, especially the first couple of songs, and "Effigy of the forgotten" is regarded as a classic (I heard it back in the days before I could handle that sort of thing, so I can't comment).

Bolt Thrower- BT own my arse. They totally fucking rule, my favourite non-doom band for the last 4 or 5 years. A reccomendation is pretty hard- if you like Death metal with some grindcore touches, "Realm of Chaos" is a must-buy (It's my favourite of theirs), if you want something mid-slow paced, totally crushing yet with some melodic content, pretty much anything else will suit- the new one, "Honour, Valour, Pride" is great.

Anathema- amazing doom band, their current direction is a little too 'mainstream rock' for my taste, but their earlier stuff is great. If you like something kinda like Pink Floyd, "Alternative 4" is worth checking out, for a more mesmerising doom thing, either (or both :)) "Pentecost 3" and "The silent Enigma"

Marduk-Just get Panzer Division Marduk, the Reign in Blood of Black Metal

Burzum- get everything pre-daudi baldrs

Enslaved- get frost

In Flames- just get Lunar Strain, Subterranean, Jester Race, whoracle and Colony

Anathema- The Silent Enigma is a masterpiece

Vader- one of the best death metal bands. get litany and revalations

Immortal- get everything

Old Mans child- avoid

soilwork- not bad, but nothing special

Dissection- get The Somberlain

Cryptopsy- None SO Vile is amazing

Children of Bodom- fucking brilliant, Alexi is my favourite guitarist ever

Zyklon- not as good as Emperor

Well, here is my fellings about these bands :

Must have :

Samael - Passage
Immortal - At the Heart of winter
Dissection - Storm...
In Flames - COLONY

and after that :

Immortal - Battles in the North
Immortal - Blizzard Beasts
Amorphis - Elegy
Marduk - Nightwing
Old Man's Child - Ill- Natured...
In Flames - Whoracle
Children of Bodom - Something Wild

For the other bands, I don't know them or I don't like them.
But the most important thing is to make your own opinion : so listen to all !!!!

Pyrexia- Never heard
Marduk- Don't bother
Suffocation- Don't bother
Burzum- Don't bother
Enslaved- Pretty good
In Flames-Don't bother
Bolt Thrower-Don't bother
Anathema-Good
Amorphis-Good
Vader- F'ING AWESOME
Immortal- F'ING AWESOME
Old Mans child- F'ING AWESOME
Soilwork- Don't bother
Dissection- F'ING AWESOME
Cryptopsy- Good
Children of Bodom- Good
Incantation-Don't bother
Skinless- Don't bother
Defleshed- Okay
Carcass- Very Good
Samael- Very Good (Unique! = plus)
Zyklon- Very Good

Dude... I have a suggestion for you. NAGLFAR!

They are slowly edging their way to my favorite bands list. They are like new Immortal... but more intense. Check out their song "Into The Cold Voids of Eternity".

Damn everyone already said most of my suggestions. Check out older Dark Tranquillity and some stuff by Therion.