Dokken guitar set-up

Take no offense, but the problem is the playing.
The guitar takes are moving all over the place, you need to get them all tight as f*ck.
Without nailing everything near perfect to a metronome, you will get a flubby sounding mix no matter what you do.

Neil,

Did Dokken record together on BFTA? I always heard Don did vocals in separate studio. Were Don and George getting along? I wish Night By Night was released as a single.

The band tracked their stuff in several studios in Hollywood, and Don tracked his vocals at a studio nearer his house. It was the same on ULaK as well.

You're welcome. The bass was mixed at a level that everyone wanted it mixed. That might be low for your tastes perhaps, but everyone involved in the project was happy where it was.

You're welcome. The bass was mixed at a level that everyone wanted it mixed. That might be low for your tastes perhaps, but everyone involved in the project was happy where it was.

Thanks again I personally think BFTA is Dokken best sounding album. Its a classic. I heard Don mention BFTA will be remastered on vinyl along with ULAK this year.

Neil,

I am curious if you ever saw the settings of the SLO George used during Wicked Sensation?
The rhythm tones are getting close, but the solo tones remain elusive...
Using a Cusack Screamer, I get the articulation, boost and sweeter gain, but seem to lack that mid-low growl??? (feels like driving a Maserotti)
Using a Keeley-Modded DS-1, I lose out on articulation, but gain and boost seem fine, and entering into that mid-low growl (Feels like driving an old Mustang on Nitrous boost)

Any feedback or info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Well, considering I was there for the tracking of WS, yes I certainly saw the settings. We messed around with loads of amps for days looking for the perfect sound, and ended up with the Soldano. As that album was recorded over 26 years ago though, I have no idea what the settings were at this point.

Reactions: Furious Phil
Well, considering I was there for the tracking of WS, yes I certainly saw the settings. We messed around with loads of amps for days looking for the perfect sound, and ended up with the Soldano. As that album was recorded over 26 years ago though, I have no idea what the settings were at this point.
Damned shame that is... :-(

I don’t suppose you remember how the cab was mic’d and with what mics for WS?