Donald Trump.

I've been following this election cycle closely from the beginning, I check out stuff every other night after work.
Here's some of my impressions (sorry if I'm not very articulate/succinct):

- One important reason why Trump won is that he's able to communicate directly with people through social media. This is the first time such a thing is possible (the outreach wasn't quite the case the first time Obama ran, even though social media helped him too with his grassroots). Trump can bypass the filters of mainstream (left-leaning) media and corporate/special interests and speak directly to the people.
- The man obviously has some rough edges, there is no question about that, but that may be part of what has made him successful in the business world. It takes a while to warm up to him and understand his 'style', which is something America is already starting to go through.
- He apparently wants to manage government more 'like a business' in the sense that he wants to appoint the most capable person for each job (instead of paying political favors even when someone's not fit for a position), and also cut red tape and bureaucracy. Trump doesn't seem willing to cuddle up with any elites, corrupt politicians or business tycoons (if they go against America's interests, that is) as it was evident in the Al Smith charity dinner.
- He's not opposed to the idea of climate change, but he seems aware that the issue is often used as a political tool. Countries with dismal records in terms of regulating contamination (like India or China) are much more of a problem than the US, which has some of the world's most stringent laws already put in place.
- Even though no official numbers have been released, various estimates put his IQ around 156. That puts him above 99.98% of the general population.
- More importantly though are his persuasion skills. Scott Adams calls him a 'Master Persuader', as he single-handedly outperformed Hillary's entire team of advisors. R. Cialdini (one of the world's top cognitive scientists) was said to have been working on Hillary's campaign, though apparently only on an intermittent-secondary role (unfortunately for her).
- Regarding his persuasion skills, many people wonder why Trump speaks at a 4th-grade level, in a seemingly incoherent manner. Here's a couple of videos with a good explanation about it.
- Trump holds some liberal positions, he even used to identify himself as a Democrat, before switching parties. I guess that's good news for those worried about him going far right.
- Trump managed to break the 'establishment' Republican Party (he beat all the other 17 candidates, got its chairman (Reince Priebus) to come to his side, and he also made Paul Ryan fold to him. As for the Democrat party, it seems Trump managed to completely destroy it for the time being, as he left them without any significant majority.
- Another reason that helped Trump to the presidency is the growth of what's being called 'alternative media'; that is, people on the internet making a name for themselves solely by reporting news and/or opinion without the filter of liberal bias and manipulation of its mainstream counterpart. Some prominent ones: Breitbart News, Stefan Molineux, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, Mike Cernovich, Bill Mitchell, Roger Stone, James O'Keefe, Adam Kokesh, etc. I'm leaving out a ton, surely, but those are the ones I'm aware of. The head of Breitbart even went to become part of Trump's official campaign. I guess you could make the case they're not really 'unbiased', though, as they're (more or less) all pro-Trump/right leaning.
Alternative outlets keep gaining ground over the mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, AP, ABC, CBS, NYT, TWP, WSJ, etc) and they're just starting to figure that out. Mainstream media will eventually have to abandon its leftist bias, or they'll inevitably keep losing audience to the internet.

I think the most important aspect to understand Trump is through his persuasion skills. Scott Adams does a great job of explaining it in detail through his periscope and his blog. For an in-depth commentary of Trump's candidacy from the beginning to now, the best source is the playlist about Trump on Stefan Molineux's YT channel (absolutely fantastic channel on many topics, can't recommend it enough). It's quite a lot of material, but well worth the watch.

Last edited:
I enjoy it quite a lot actually, because he constantly challenges your bias and forces you into cognitive dissonance.

There's a lot of videos and most are quite long, indeed. I would say a lot are well worth the time, though.

Last edited:
More importantly though are his persuasion skills. Scott Adams calls him a 'Master Persuader', as he single-handedly outperformed Hillary's entire team of advisors. R. Cialdini (one of the world's top cognitive scientists) was said to have been working on Hillary's campaign, though apparently only on an intermittent-secondary role (unfortunately for her).
Loved watching that interview Dave Rubin did with Scott Adams.

I remember seeing that Scott Adams guy on Real Time. That's the only time I've heard his name, even though I've seen his comics around, and his idea about Trump's techniques. I never looked into it further for whatever reason. Interesting.

The Biden talks to Obama memes have been fucking Hilarious.

My favorite so far:

iu

iu

Trump won because he's been saying the same stuff for over 35 years.
Y'all media-brainwashed ;p

Don't believe anything Infowars or Alex Jones says. Have you heard his Y2K broadcast? I don't know a single person who continued to watch him after hearing it. This fucking moron told everyone Russia had launched like 6 nukes at the US and all kinds of other ridiculous shit. He's nothing but a fear monger, begging for money. Also Infowars is, or at least was, a part of Time Warner. I heard this from one of the Infowars dude's own mouth when he was being questioned by the police.

Yeah and Trump was a Democrat up until a few years ago, and he changed his stance on many things including marijuana, the Iraq War, ACA, immigration, etc. C'mon man, someone like Sanders has been saying the same thing for 35 years, Trump just plays to the room.

Does anyone else think its funny that the right has been crying about Soros for years and they literally voted for someone that we know, at the very least, has a business relationship with Soros?

No not really, considering a lot on the right didn't want Trump. I find it just as ironic if not more that the left whines about big money and corporations and were supporting Hillary. If Hillary wasn't on the ticket I think the right may not have elected Trump.

It wasn't really a vote for Trump but instead a vote against Hillary, so it obviously wasn't very principled.

Alex Jones is definitely retarded, but there are people that work for InfoWars that do their own content that isn't so bad. Paul Joseph Watson for example is enjoyable from time to time and he is not beholden to any of Alex Jones' retarded agendas.