Don't miss Amon Amarth with CoB!

warlock666

New Metal Member
Nov 15, 2005
I just saw Amon Amarth opening for Children of Bodom last night. Absolutely amazing. I'm familiar with their stuff, but have only been listening to them for a couple of weeks. I wasn't sure what to expect -- they were incredible live. The difference between their recorded music, and the live experience is like $10 radio and a movie theater system.

The bass just hits you. I saw Hypocrisy over a year ago and they are the only band who even comes close to Amon Amarth's live power.

If I had the money to burn, I'd hop on a plane and see them a few more times on this tour.

Trivium, zzz.. talented musicians, but the singer's voice is annoying.

Children of Bodom put on a great show too. Third time I've seen them, and they did a great job. Even if they aren't your favorite, they are worth seeing.

Don't miss this tour!!!

I've been listening to black metal and death metal for years, and I'm not talking about the "mainstream" stuff, I mean Burzum, Darkthrone, and Emperor. I didn't even know Amon Amarth existed until I signed up for last.fm a month ago.

I think its a pretty damn good matchup for a US tour. For a Eurpoean tour, yeah, it would suck. And yes it does suck that they are just an opener and played like 5 songs, but thats the way it is. The last 2 times I saw Children of Bodom thats all I got too.

I'm just happy I had a chance to hear a fucking incredible black metal band live without dropping a couple of grand to go to europe.

warlock666 said:
I've been listening to black metal and death metal for years, and I'm not talking about the "mainstream" stuff, I mean Burzum, Darkthrone, and Emperor. I didn't even know Amon Amarth existed until I signed up for last.fm a month ago.

I think its a pretty damn good matchup for a US tour. For a Eurpoean tour, yeah, it would suck. And yes it does suck that they are just an opener and played like 5 songs, but thats the way it is. The last 2 times I saw Children of Bodom thats all I got too.

I'm just happy I had a chance to hear a fucking incredible black metal band live without dropping a couple of grand to go to europe.

Emperor, DT and Burzum are as mainstream now days as black metal gets. What incredible black metal band have you seen live?

warlock666 said:

children of bodom is a good band and all but they're better suited for an opening slot rather than as a headliner...
think about how much fucking around they did... i'd rather see a band that would just give you song after song...
i wouldn't be terribly surprised if the song count is about the same for their opening setlist vs. headlining set list...
and you NEED to go to europe to see metal 'cause it's so much better and so much more!
seriously it's go big or go home... nothing compares to 3 days of metal and meat... there's loads of beer too... but i just don't drink beer...
and the ppl in europe are 10x nicer and cooler than the wanks you have in north america... there's no "i'm more metal than thou" happening... they're just having a good time and you're invited...
and if it would make you feel better... emperor did mention that they might do a world tour... just a matter of time i suppose...

warlock666 said:

Ok, you have been listening to Darkthrone, Burzum,... but I have some doubts here so please enlight me ... where in the AA, Trivium, COB line-up do you see an "incredible black metal band live" ?

Babydollcybergoth said:
be hardcore and just go! spontanious road trips rule!

i was thinking of doing a 5 day road trip with my best bud to see the misfits (newfits, but still worth it) for three nights in a row... but i had no money, or credit card to charge, if i had the money i would have done it, and if i had alot of money i would have done that, see a few shows of danzig's BOB tour, and see a few shows of AA and COB north american tour! someday... someday... did any one see BOB? danzig (with former misfits guitarist doyle doing a special misfits set) and behemoth...

There's however a big contradiction to the polish redneck ideology of yours. You see, the sun doe'snt come here (Poland/Prussia/East Europe) meaning that there is no way our necks can go red. You better start calling yourself whiteneck.

and i qoute "another reason we came all the way from fuckin' poland, to conquer all of you!" they then proceded to play "conquer all" it was awsome, so if that didnt answer your question, yes they are poles

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
There's however a big contradiction to the polish redneck ideology of yours. You see, the sun doe'snt come here (Poland/Prussia/East Europe) meaning that there is no way our necks can go red. You better start calling yourself whiteneck.

hehe Prussia?, and where would that be?

btw, are you in poland, east europe or germany, make up your mind

Ok, see, I don't get a red neck because my hair is in the way - it warms me in Prussia and covers me in wherever else where there is sun. And to me all of those places (poland, east europe or germany) are all the same grey shit (hope I didn't offend änyone)

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Ok, see, I don't get a red neck because my hair is in the way - it warms me in Prussia and covers me in wherever else where there is sun. And to me all of those places (poland, east europe or germany) are all the same grey shit (hope I didn't offend änyone)

redneck=backward hick from backward place, sarcastic remark, that's all

grey?, whatever do you mean?

there is no prussia anymore, and part of what you call east europe is in the geographical western portion of europe