don't really know if i should or shouldn't post this, but...

horggard

grr--hiss--snarl
Jun 17, 2001
Visit site
John Cobbett, the main man behind HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE has agreed to autograph my copy of "The Bastard"--which i'm buying directly from him--as well as to try to get everyone else from the band to sign it.

just for all of the folks who really want to know how and why "The Bastard" won out over "Blackwater Park" (and for the matter My Dying Bride's "The Dreadful Hours") for best album of the year 2001 in LotFP. (it's also not a bad thing at all when the artist gets to keep all of the dough from the sale of the CD, so try to buy straight from John if you can.)

long live the Macarena,
g.

Originally posted by horggard
just for all of the folks who really want to know how and why "The Bastard" won out over "Blackwater Park" (and for the matter My Dying Bride's "The Dreadful Hours") for best album of the year 2001 in LotFP.

erm, the reason it won out over Blackwater Park is because it was WAY COOL, and a huge surprise out of nowhere... not because of autographing.

My copy of The Bastard has PROMO written on the cover in big black marker. :(

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

erm, the reason it won out over Blackwater Park is because it was WAY COOL, and a huge surprise out of nowhere... not because of autographing.

My copy of The Bastard has PROMO written on the cover in big black marker. :(

i'm certainly not buying it because of the autograph(s)--that'd be bloody lame unless it *was* My Dying Bride--but because my interest is definitely piqued. sheesh. (btw, i asked John to sign the inside sleeve, not the cover, just because i really dig the artwork....)

for me, though, winning out over "The Dreadful Hours" is going to be near impossible.

ON A *VERY* LATE NOTE: i just discovered MORGION's "Solinari" released like almost 4 years ago and it's really incredible; "Among Majestic Ruin" less so, but "Solinari" is quite special. anyone heard any word about MORGION's new one?