MY DYING BRIDE
STONE WINGS (formely Elysium)
MOURNFUL CONGREGATION
older PARADISE LOST
older ANATHEMA
CANDLEMASS
LYCANTHIA

to name a few

Paradise Lost's "Draconian Times" is one of the great albums of the 90s. "Icon" and "Shades of God" aren't too shabby either.

What's "older Anathema"? Pre-"Judgement" stuff? That was a great album - "One Last Goodbye" rules.

im not a huge Anathema buff but i understand that pretty much everything after 'Alternative 4' is more of a gothic rock sound

there is a big difference between gothic rock and doom

gothic rock tends to be more 'rocky' with melancholic themes and doom tends to be ultra slow and very depressing.

I like all metal.

So I like doooooooooom.

Electric Wizard, Warhorse, Candlemass, Anathema, etc...

But the best doom band ever is... wait for it... Black Sabbath... and you know it's true...

Doooooooooooooooooooom...

Also Doom is getting way Stonery and it's getting hard to find a band that is either Doom or Stoner... but hell, I'll just lump those genres together...

Either that or they turn goth... whats up with the Doom-Death bands going Goth.... oh well... it's all good...

bands like Pod People, Eyehategod, Cathedral etc are of a stoner-doom sound.

there are many sub genres in doom metal too.......

death-doom
stoner-doom
funeral doom
gothic-doom
dark doom
sludge doom
atmospheric doom etc

I'm no expert, but I *think* stoner is stuff like Orange Goblin and... and other bands I can't think of. Fu Manchu, maybe. *shrug* I dunno.

UM had reviews and interviews with a fair few stoner bands in the early days.

Yeah, Kyuss, Orange Goblin, Fu Manchu, Monster Magnet, QOTSA, etc...

Stoner... I lump it with Doom because both genres derive mostly from Black Sabbath...

Doom is all over the place these days...

Fu Manchu, Kyuss, Monster Magnet, Dern Rutlidge, Sixty Watt Shaman etc is stoner

Who honestly gives a fuck, It's all good, I like every style of metal, if you find it fun, listen to it, if you think it's shit, don't. It's easy as, Sorry i have just gottem sick of labels for everything. I just use metal now, hopefully it will catch, id someone needs a more deep explanation I use air guitars and some vocals.

it's fun to.