Doomriders "Darkness Come Alive," man, what a mix!

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
I've had this disc for a while, but recently gave it another spin. What a fucking mix! ...and band! I'm a big Kurt Ballou fanboy in general, but I just love the power of this mix. For me, it is tied with the Disfear mix. Such power! Love the drums, guitar tones, vocals, everything.

I'm not alone, eh?

Joe

Ah, that one is perfect for that material. Yeah, it was Kurt.
You've got the new Converge, right? Another triumph if you ask me.
Rise and Fall's latest as well.

One of the best mixes of the last year if you ask me (and that's not because I'm a Ballou freak). The way the kick and snare kinda have the same resonance frequency is just awesome.

Didn't like the latest Converge and Rise And Fall mixes actually. Both lack a lot of low end.

i remember they had this song on e card type thing previous to the release and i used to listen to this song multiple times a day

Hell yeah! I have been jammin this album for a few weeks now :kickass:

Love this song!

Last edited by a moderator:
And one of my favorite Disfear songs. Makes me want to circle pit and punch someone in the face:

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Discovered Doomriders on Kvelertaks last tour, man what a sound! Love it!

Any news on a new album?

I just picked up the Doomriders Black Thunder solely on the fact that I knew Kurt did it, and I really want to hear more of his work thats non converge. I have to say the mix fits the band perfectly and the songs kick ass, good buy all in all. I would like some recommendations on things hes done that are a bit more straight ahead metal though.

These guys are awesome, love the vibe of the songs and the mix. Did some looking into the recording of this and found this pic:

l.jpg

Never seen that kinda contraption on the hi hat before! I need to try this out for those loud ass hi hats.

These guys are awesome, love the vibe of the songs and the mix. Did some looking into the recording of this and found this pic:

l.jpg

Never seen that kinda contraption on the hi hat before! I need to try this out for those loud ass hi hats.

I remember reading something about it but never saw a picture of it, thanks man