DoomSword is back!

SickBoy

Croatian Panzer division
Apr 9, 2004
Split, Croatia, Europe
www.myspace.com
Here's what they say on their new website http://www.doomsword.it :
"My Name Will Live On" - New DoomSword album!

The recordings for the new DoomSword album, entitled "My Name Will Live On" are completed, as well as the graphics. The release date will be communicated very soon!

Can't wait to hear it - I have absolutely no doubts that it will be as ingenious as its predecessors...
For those not following them closely, their last release was "Let Battle Commence" and it was released in 2003. In the meantime their website had died off slowly and there were rumors of their breakup, since Deathmaster engaged himself in other projects (notably Gjallarhorn). I'm glad he's back now to dispute such claims... :headbang:

They have a board of their own there as well and participate actively...
Nice to have direct contact with band members!
RESOUND THE HORN!

I listened to a couple of songs some years ago and they failed to catch my attention.

But I can give a listen to the new opus when it "filters out" ;)

NP: Saxon - 'If I Was You'

If you don't like "Resound The Horn" hardly anything else will spark your interest in them... It's a total masterpiece, somewhat raw, but that's a welcome change from sterile and overpolished sound we're used to hear.
Songwriting's excellent as well as the lyrics, dealing with historic themes...
Deathmaster even included a section called "Articles" on their new website, for which he wrote about some of the themes they've covered (Irish semi-mythical figure Finn MacCool, Vikings discovering N.America in 'Shores of Vinland' and so on). It's really an unusual thing for a metal band's website to have and a very interesting reading for sure...

Very likely the best epic metal band of the last decade! Deathmaster is a gifted songwriter and a charismatic frontman as well.

Resound the Horn has already reached the "metal classic" status to me.

No luck finding the album yet Belgian?
I sincerely hope you are all planning to buy the CD when it comes out

Assholes who file share brand new albums are killing Metal

I sincerely hope you are all planning to buy the CD when it comes out

Assholes who file share brand new albums are killing Metal

Well, those who want to buy the CD will do it anyway, regardless of leaked mp3s. The album would spread anyway on the net once it reaches the shops... I think those who make good albums have nothing to worry about, cause if the CD's a masterpiece people would logically only be more eager to grasp their copy once it's out. Of course, DoomSword won't sell a fraction of Hammerfall, although being better a thousand times, it's all in the marketing after all.

And yes - this is all coming from a guy who crossed a total of 3000km to see DoomSword live, wears their tees constantly and (shock!) has all three previous CDs. :Smug:

Not into either of the bands you mention, so I still think DoomSword rule the epic world :p

YES! The KIT-show was magical, as was that weird but wonderful gig in a Cologne suburb club with Jag Panzer.
Can't wait to hear the new one - I'm sure Deathmaster will never stray from the path, whether he composes in Italy, Ireland on on the last iceberg in the Antarctic.

Well, what could be more fitting on this windy November day in May than the arrival of the promo of My name will live on by epic metal gods DoomSword?

Let me not keep you in suspense: this release will no doubt make it to the top of many a year's best list. An epic gem of a record, with all DS-trademarks in place and Deathmaster singing with more selfconfidence than ever before. Production kills, too!
With 'Steel of my axe', this fourth album also holds the most furious song DoomSword have recorded so far. This one would flatten a Panzer!:worship:

The album is easier to get into than Resound the horn, which should secure this unique band some new followers.

Dragonheart have set a release date of 22nd June, 2007.