Rhapsody change name to Rhapsody of fire

Witchhunter

Jul 14, 2004
Split,Croatia
Rhapsody Of Fire: A new era of film score metal has arrived.

Due to copyright and trademark issues the band formerly known as Rhapsody has changed its name. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. “The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before,” says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, “The name Rhapsody Of Fire better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music.”

With a new record company in Magic Circle Music, a new tour planned and a new album on the way, Rhapsody Of Fire will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band’s first live album release, Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret, a new name and renewed vigor ensure that Rhapsody Of Fire still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

WTF???

Witchhunter said:
Due to copyright and trademark issues the band formerly known as Rhapsody has changed its name.

This far into their recording career how can they run into trademark problems with their band name?

Idiotic. After what 5-6 albums? It's like Metallica changing their name to Popallica...oops.

Once you have a name established and enough recognition, unless a very hard legal battle comes is stupid to change the name. Happened to many bands at the beginning of their careers due to similarity with some other band, like SA Slayer and Slayer. So like Greeno I don't understand the trademark issue.

NP: Doro - 'My Majesty'

Wyvern said:
Idiotic. After what 5-6 albums? It's like Metallica changing their name to Popallica...oops.

Very funny, like that was a slip, more like a Freudian slip...:lol:
Anyway, to compare a band that has sold a few thousand records worldwide to a band that is a classic metal band (like it or not) and has sold millions of albums is just outrageous...
I have a better name for them shit...

sixxswine said:
Very funny, like that was a slip, more like a Freudian slip...:lol:
Anyway, to compare a band that has sold a few thousand records worldwide to a band that is a classic metal band (like it or not) and has sold millions of albums is just outrageous...
I have a better name for them shit...

Please clarify you are attacking Metallica or Rhapsody?

Like if I care of any of them :yuk: :heh:

sixxswine said:
LOS DOS!!!!!!

Ole!

BTW why lately you're typing in orange and with such big characters, looks like you're screaming all the time...just wondering.

SickBoy said:
You mean Poopallica? :p

As for Rhapsody, they need a category for themselves for being the lamest band in the world. Not to mention "the new era of film score metal" :puke:

Please die...

I use Popallica because they become pop, but your version applies too :lol:

Rhpasody represents all that is BAD with power metal (and metal in general) nevertheless I develop a taste for Luca's solo albums for reasons of my own.

There is a very popular radio station called Rhapsody... maybe that is it?

I could not care less about the band though :zombie:

Well, it seems that Rhapsody thought that they just weren't cheesy enough as it is so they added the "of Fire" so there would be no doubt in anyone's mind who the cheesiest band in metal was.

desert_demon said:
who the cheesiest band in metal was.

Manowar! Do I got the prize? :heh:

No wonder DiMaio is the manager of ROF :puke: