Doro fans?? US/Canada Dates

My question is, how does a bar in Topeka, Kansas get more metal shows than we do here in Tennessee? :erk:

~Brian~

I LIVE IN TOPEKA, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SHOWS THAT HAVE COME OR ARE COMING HERE, BESIDES DORO, METAL CHURCH, SOIL , DROWNING POOL, INTO ETERNITY IS COMING:headbang: WHO EVER IS RUNNING THE STACTIC BAR NOW IS DOING BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE AREA.

US dates on her site
05.06.07 USA-New York, NY-B.B. King

06.06.07 USA-Hartford, CT-tba.

08.06.07 USA-Poughkeepsie, NY-The Loft

09.06.07 USA-Bedford, NH-Mark`s Rock Club

10.06.07 USA-West Springfield, VA-Jaxx

12.06.07 CA-Montreal-Fou Founes Elecriques

13.06.07 CA-Toronto-Funhouse

14.06.07 USA-Cleveland, OH-Peabody`s

15.06.07 USA-Chicago, IL-Pearl Room

16.06.07 USA-St.Paul, MN-Station 4

17.06.07 USA-Topeka, KS-Static Bar

18.06.07 USA-Denver, CO-Larmier Lounge

20.06.07 USA-Los Angeles, CA-Whiskey A Go Go

21.06.07 USA-Phoenix, AZ-The Clubhouse

22.06.07 USA-Alburquerque, NM-tba.

23.06.07 USA-San Antonio, TX-Sanctuary

24.06.07 USA-Houston, TX-Meridian Red Room

None of these dates are southeastern friendly that's for sure! :erk: I'd love to see Doro, but it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon for me.

~Brian~

I LIVE IN TOPEKA, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SHOWS THAT HAVE COME OR ARE COMING HERE, BESIDES DORO, METAL CHURCH, SOIL , DROWNING POOL, INTO ETERNITY IS COMING:headbang: WHO EVER IS RUNNING THE STACTIC BAR NOW IS DOING BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE AREA.

Amen Brandon, you must be really excited to type in call caps oh wait you ALWAYS type in all caps. INTO ETERNITY :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

you're in for a good show... I saw her open for Dio and Yngwie a bunch of years back... I wasn't really familiar with any of the material, but she's good live... and she's nice to look at ;)

EDIT: also, the Yngwie performance was one of the few where Jorn Lande was singing, from the War to End All Wars tour. That was one hell of an awesome night all around.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/63180

SAVATAGE / DOCTOR BUTCHER / TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA guitarist Chris Caffery has confirmed rumours and reports that he will be touring as a member of vocalist Doro Pesch's band this summer. Caffery previously announced European festival dates with Doro, but he has now confirmed that he will be on her North American tour as well. Fans will be able to catch him on stage with Doro from May 5th to June 30th. More dates are expected to be added to her 2007 tour schedule.

Have to say it is frustrating at best that the southeast is so completely overlooked by most. I go to almost every show possible that comes to Raleigh, Greensboro and Charlotte but traveling to Jaxx (or further) is just not possible for more than a show or two a year as there is too much cost involved (that and Jaxx really is not the greatest club for a show, especially when near sell out).

Understand it is all promotion, but don't understand why if the likes of Kings X, BLS, Blind Guardian, Manowar, Type O, Clutch and a few others can do it, why the majority of tours just completely blow it off.

It is to the point where I feel if the band can not make the effort (regardless of what dictates a booking)....neither should I.....my frustration is getting the best of me so I have also stopped purchasing music from these bands too.

If the local talent buyer does not know about a band or is not interested or if lets say the guarantee its too much $$$ then it serves no purpose to potentially take a loss ( in their minds) and book a band that may not have a draw. Not all clubs do "pay to play" toss on 4-5 bands and make them sell tickets.

Sometimes packages work better 2 for 1 otherwise a name/past history is everything to promoters.

Well then to me, it sounds as if it falls back into the lap of the band to make themselves known and to lower their guarantee. Yes I know it is a business, but my money is also not endless and thusly, they will lose my business. If there is an album I wish from bands who blow by, I will have no choice but to download it as i too am running a business of sorts if you wish.

Sorry for the rant but to see Firewind book at Jesters in Fayetteville and for Symphony X to yet again blow by NC.....just pisses me off....last straw syndrome.

Oh...and of note...a shame I will be in Atlanta already for the Firewind date.