Doro @ the Whisky 4/8/08

raveballs

Ex-Mullet Head
Feb 4, 2004
near LA
www.raveballs.com
anyone catch her last night?

AJA, you missed her AGAIN! :cry: but i figure you ladies were up north by last night. you gotta schedule your tour AROUND doro's LA dates in the future haha

she rocked my socks off, yet again. the tuesday night crowd was half-empty. what a SIN to have doro in town and not have a packed house. i know it's a tuesday, but i still went. maybe they're not promoting her in the proper venues...

here's the set list (from memory) for those interested:

WARLOCK:
Burning the Witches
Hellbound
Earthshaker Rock
Metal Racer
Out of Control
Fight for Rock
True as Steel
All We Are
I Rule the Ruins
East Meets West
Metal Tango

DORO:
Unholy Love
Fight
Love Me in Black
You are My Family
Breaking the Law

here's a photo of us at the june '07 whisky show (i've since lost my camera).
l_9711890d256c3a394e52ab3e32de64a4.jpg

I was there too, what an awesome show, she really knows how to fire up a crowd. A handful of us fans waited after the show for her to come outside. Since it was kinda cold outside, she was nice enough to let us on the tour bus one by one to get stuff signed and take pictures. Truly one of the nicest people I've ever met. Doro rules!

Heck yes, I was there! Thanks very much to Raveballs! Ever since your last post about Doro appearing at the Whisky a few months ago, I've been keeping an eye on her touring schedule. I finally got to see her live show, and it was, indeed, awesome! She kept the crowd fired up the entire time with her energetic style. And her positive energy was so overpowering, you couldn't help but smile. Doro was extremely, extremely appreciative of the audience, and it really showed. Thanks again, Raveballs!

I was there too, what an awesome show, she really knows how to fire up a crowd. A handful of us fans waited after the show for her to come outside. Since it was kinda cold outside, she was nice enough to let us on the tour bus one by one to get stuff signed and take pictures. Truly one of the nicest people I've ever met. Doro rules!

ugh! :cry: that woulda been frikkin' awesome! i took off right after the show because i had work the next morning. plus i met her last time, got an autograph & a photo. she is a metal goddess.

and you're welcome brian! haha :headbang:

anyone catch her last night?

AJA, you missed her AGAIN! :cry: but i figure you ladies were up north by last night. you gotta schedule your tour AROUND doro's LA dates in the future haha

she rocked my socks off, yet again. the tuesday night crowd was half-empty. what a SIN to have doro in town and not have a packed house. i know it's a tuesday, but i still went. maybe they're not promoting her in the proper venues...

here's the set list (from memory) for those interested:

WARLOCK:
Burning the Witches
Hellbound
Earthshaker Rock
Metal Racer
Out of Control
Fight for Rock
True as Steel
All We Are
I Rule the Ruins
East Meets West
Metal Tango

DORO:
Unholy Love
Fight
Love Me in Black
You are My Family
Breaking the Law

here's a photo of us at the june '07 whisky show (i've since lost my camera).
l_9711890d256c3a394e52ab3e32de64a4.jpg

Yes, missed her AGAIN!! :cry: Glad to hear it was a great show - but I agree - it's a shame there isn't more advertising for her - she definitely deserves a packed house. Lucky youse guys!!!!

Her promoter/booking agent needs to be drawn and quartered....

...She played the shithole of all shitholes in San Antonio Last night...in front of a whopping 30-40 people.

Doro playing a show in front of 30 people! That's ridiculous! Just goes to show you the sad state of society these days. When a profanity laced "parody" act can pack a club full of people, and Doro Pesch gets 30 or 40 people, something is seriously wrong.

So jealous! I love, love, LOVE Doro! Back in high school one of my bedroom walls was covered in posters of her. One day I WILL see her live. :eek:) Might have to bust out my old Warlock jacket for it. :headbang: