Double Kick Pedals

Skyweaver

Shred or Die !
Jul 9, 2005
Australia
www.luthor.info
I'm not a drummer, I'm learning to play cause I seriously dig the drums and need the exercise.

I've got a sonor double kick pedal and all I read is that the Iron Cobra's is the best pedal for metal - is that true ?

is there a performance difference between pedals ?

Any help or if you can point me to a drummer forum would be awesome

The Iron Cobras are verey smooth and feel great, even the jr's are nice too. DW 7000 is alos a good choice if you don't have the dough for the Iron Cobras.

on another note, if you ever want to go the Axis pedal route don't bother with the Axis-X series, they suck, go with the longboards.

Later

Ah, I was gonna say..........

cause the Giant Step is like 750.00! You could have traded that for anything you wanted if for some reason you didn't like it. Axis pedals are incredible if you can afford them. I used to be a DW guy, but the foot board starts to get play in it from side to side after you abused them for a bit. Most everyone I know uses Iron Cobras, and they don't seem to present this problem.

i've got iron cobras, they're really good. Most of the pedals in the 300$ price range are good. Yamaha flying dragons are really good, and so are the pearls with the switchable cams. I'm not really a fan of dw pedals, but they have good beaters.

Personally i don't like axis pedals, they don't feel right to me, i think it has to do with them being direct drive.

the great thing about the iron cobras, is that they're really adjustable.

Axis pedals are getting a bad name lately.
If you read the Derek Roddy forum most of the drummers there complain that it has minor faults or something is always needing to be fixed and they end up using them as door stoppers.

In my previous band the drummer had axis pedals. It all seemed cool in the start but when we toured, the constant playing forced him to jam an Allen key/wrench in the heel joint to stop it from unscrewing after every 4th kick.

He ended up phoning axis and they said "It's impossible to break in that area"
Pfft The drummer doesn't really play faster than triplets at 180, and actually spends more time fixing it than playing it.

Unless you're sponsored don't get 'em

Iron cobra's are the best imo.

This is interesting though
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jd_VFSv97Xs

i own a pair of iron cobra's and they haven't failed me in the 2 years i've owned them. Working in a retail store, i've had to fix at least 3 DW9000 pedals and 2 DW5000 pedals. Heck, my collegue even had to fix JO JO Mayers kick pedal (which is a hybrid DW9000 base with a pearl footboard and a custom beater) when he toured here. Nice guy, amazing foot technique and amazing player.

So far I have found the Iron Cobra's to be the most versatile regarding setup. Its the only pedal in its price class where you can set the footboard height, beater distance and the spring tension individually. The other similar competing brands can't.

I used to play on Iron Cobra's.
But due to a great deal Pearl Europe gave me last year I got a 2 single Eliminators and 1 double pedal Eliminators...
Allthough some people may deny it, there's huge difference between the feel of the IC's and the Elim...
I think I prefer the IC's...not that the Elims are bad or something, cause they're working out great right now..but the feel of the IC's is just a little bit more real.
I think if you would combine the features of the IC's and Eliminators you'd have the greatest pedals ever... I have seen it somehwere where people put together a pedal of these 2 with all features combining...

I dig Iron Cobra's well enough, but Axis longboards are my favorite. They take a bit to get used to, but I found them to be like Jazz III picks - they make playing very quickly and precisely much easier.

jazz III ayy??? is that why ur such a shredder? lol i gotta give those a go!!!! i'm on to u now dude. . . ;)

the iron cobras are so popular because they are nearly indestructable as far as double pedals go. they hold up great on the road. ive been punishing mine for over five years now without anything breaking, ever. it also doesnt hurt that they are usually cheaper, sometimes by a good amount than the other good pedals. for the record ive tried axis and they are smooth, but i just didnt like them. they seemed very well made. i just didnt like the feel or price. ive owned a few different dw pedals(5000 and 7000) and i didnt ever really like them. i want to try some of the yamaha flying dragons sometime though. as far as the pearl eliminators go, its widely known they explode and die very quickly. i know a few people who work at stores that sell them that say alot of them break quickly. ymmv. good thing pearl covers them under warranty.