Down, Down to Goblin Town.

heavymetaljesus202

New Metal Member
Sep 1, 2007
Yo! Wouldn't it be nifty of Nekrogoblikon did a cover of that song from the old Lord of the Rings movie? I've never actually seen the movie, but my friend gave me the song recently and the first thing I thought of was Nekrogoblikon.

For those of you who haven't heard the song before, it's right here:

http://goblintown.ytmnd.com/

Just let it load and it'll start playing.

I never heard it before, it rules. Do you have the lyrics? The only thing I understood was the "down, down, to goblin town" :rofl:

I never heard it before, it rules. Do you have the lyrics? The only thing I understood was the "down, down, to goblin town" :rofl:

I have some theories, lemme google it.

Swish, smack! Whip crack!
Smash, grab! Pinch, nab!
You go, my lad!
Ho, ho! my lad!

The black crack! the back crack!
Down down to Goblin-town
Down down to Goblin-town
Down down to Goblin-town
You go, my lad!
Ho, ho! my lad!

Goblins quaff, and Goblins beat
Goblins laugh, and Goblins bleat
Batter batter [...........] ho
Below, my lad!
Ho, ho! my lad!

Down down to Goblin-town
Down down to Goblin-town
Down down to Goblin-town
You go, my lad!
Ho, ho! my lad!

Oh, and I just noticed your sig. HELL YEAH! MOTHER NORTH! That's a damned good song, broham.

See, the thing is, us covering songs like these are silly because the original is close to the aesthetic we go for. It would kinda be like if In Flames covered Dark Tranquillity or vice versa. Like, yeah, it might be a good cover, but there's no reason to do it because the bands are so similar.

I don't think we're gonna do any covers for the next album, just because it takes the same prep time as for an original song, but it's less rewarding and kind of a cop-out. Like, hey we ran out of ideas, so here's a goblin cover of "Let It Be" or something. We had our two covers on Goblin Island because I moved down to SB and we basically ran out of time to work together, and we wanted it to still be a full-length. If you notice, Nicky isn't present at all on the In Flames cover - that one was all me.

Still, bonus tracks are fun, we might do something like Resonance again. Not necessarily a techno track, but more - a reimagining of one of the album songs.

-Timbus