'Downburst' album cover

Aug 18, 2006
S. Illinois
I got to looking at the 'Downburst' cover again the other day and I came up with a theory, if you will, about what this cover concept looksd like to me.

Is it perchance that this cover is somewhat, at least, loosely based on the Assassin's Creed video game?

Andy doesn't say anything about Assassins Creed in that interview. Its a cool album cover but its totally taken from Assassins Creed. I love the album btw

Bear

Hey Bear, long time no see, how are you?! :wave:

He meant the metal-rules.com interview, the first link he posted:

Is the Brainstorm album cover in reference to “Assassin’s Creed”?

Not really, not really.

Have you heard people mention that?

I like the game but there’s ton of killers and whatever running around and 11th, 12th to 13th, 14th century, you know. They all look like that. We searched for a fighter and we had this idea two years ago and right after the release of “Liquid Monster” we thought about having somebody undercover like a fighter. So we thought about someone who looks like from Persia or from India but it’s also a mixture with something new you know, with all the tattoos and stuff and the metal mask and so on. The thing was just to have somebody on the cover who fights for his right, you know, like we do. We sometimes have also fight for our right and sometimes we have a lot of luck but on the other hand we sometimes have to really go through tough times. What we wanted to have on the cover is somebody who fights for it and this is what we have to do all day long. That was, I think at least one and a half years before I’ve seen the first picture of “Assassin’s Creed”. We had the cover I think around the end of 2006, something like that. There’s so many covers, so many killers and pictures and so on with those guys running around.

But that’s ok. That’s fine with us. Maybe we can do the soundtrack for “Assassin’s Creed” part II or whatever.

Why not, eh?

You think it looks like that?

Well, at least one other person caught the similarity to the video game art...that’s all.

I don’t know. I’ve been told that there’s a comic series out like Batman, Superman. A kind of a superhero and he also wears something like this white coat. I was like ‘who? Ok.’. Then I searched for that in the internet but a friend of mine just told me, ‘well c’mon guy there are just hundreds of covers of video games and records and pictures and whatever. They all look like the same. It’s just funny. I personally think it’s one of the best covers of art in our career. To me it shows a lot of strength and power and that’s cool.

It's a obvious rip-off, even if Andy doesn't admit it:loco:

I agree. I' mean you have this major advertising blitz for Assassin's Creed and then all of a sudden Brainstorm's new album cover comes out with obvious similarities to the AC character. It's too much of coincidence not to have some relation to the game.

I mean, it's cool and all, but don't deny it by saying, "Oh there was lots of killers [back then]..." Com'on, call a spade a spade.