downer music

steve von tills "remember" or "to the field" i'd say. Though as you wrote for Joy Division Bambi, its more 'beautifully dark' than really depressing.
You know him i think, bambi?

know him? not personally :tickled:

yeah didnt think much of the first album but some of that other one seemed okay, dled a few mp3s, crusty style :oops:

Bambi said:
know him? not personally :tickled:
ah, you know what i mean eh:loco:

Bambi said:
yeah didnt think much of the first album but some of that other one seemed okay, dled a few mp3s, crusty style :oops:
yeah, im not into ALL of his songs, a few are not very good, but most of the tracks are really beautiful i think.
Its a pain to find the CD's though, im still looking for those everywhere but i always get the 'steve von what?!' usual answer in the record shops here:erk:

I think Katatonia's Discouraged Ones qualiifies as perhaps the most sad album ever...it has a distinct shoegazer quality to it, but unlike bands such as slowdive there's some life in it. I also think Fields of the Nephilim are quite bleak downer music.

Bambi said:
ahem what part of "none of yer weeping tears of mourness bollixology either, proper downer music" did yous two not understand??

"Circle slowly in the light of dying summer
Its warmth doesn’t reach you...hanged.

Dream-tears fall frozen in the shadows
Yet, dreamless are now your eyes...dim."

sweet mother of fuck..straight outta the "words for gothic lyrics" bumper pack :ill:

doesnt matter, im listening to GBH and dio now :kickass:
:lol:

insidethefall said:
I think Katatonia's Discouraged Ones qualiifies as perhaps the most sad album ever...it has a distinct shoegazer quality to it, but unlike bands such as slowdive there's some life in it.
wrong band to mention on this board, mate. hahhaahhahha it's my fave katatonia album though,
but im pretty sure bambi already knows it and definitely doesnt like it.

bambi, do you listen to ulver? heard especially their EPs?

hmm have you heard lou reed's "extacy"? but i wouldnt call it dark, but could be good for the time you mentioned.

and maybe some jazz? duke ellington?

Actually i do like discouraged ones a good bit, it stood out when it was released and its not as derivative as everything they've released since. ulver yeah have the eps, coupla things i really like on em but i only listen to them on the mp3 player .you cant really listen to that while youre doing stuff.

nah havent heard extacy, lou reed tends to veer all over the place, so im wary of buying most his stuff, i mean jesus did ya hear that edgar allen poe thing he did??

Bambi said:
Im trying to listen to diamanda galas again, shes fuckin wrecking me head though
Haha dont tell me. I was kinda into her at a time a few years ago but i gave up since then. Im not ready for this i guess hehe well maybe anyone is :tickled: