Download Festival

Styxx

Long member
Apr 2, 2005
Hi guys. Been a while, hope everyone's okay. I have a question/favour to ask. I went to Download on Sunday and get very wet and acquired a bumble bee umbrella (which not only kept me dry/less wet, but also served as a handy portable landmark for me and my mates), after which I enjoyed a couple hours of Aerosmith, which made it all better. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

A mate of mine who was there on the Friday said she saw a poster with Mike on. As you may know, they had a video playing before AC/DC dedicated to various musicians and people important to metal that have passed on in the last 12 months, including Mike. When I got there I saw a few posters around with The Rev, Dio, Paul Gray and others on, but I couldn't find any of Mike. My friend said she saw some by one of the smaller stages, and I think I know where she meant, but when I got there all I saw was a big square of green walls with a couple of posters of one of the Download organisers that died this year and not much else. I'm assuming people took the other posters, as the Paul Gray poster in the first set I found in the day was being stolen by some kids, and I'm guessing this is where, if any, there were posters of Mike.

If anyone was there and saw these posters which may or may not exist, and happened to take pictures, I'd like to see them. Also if anyone has a link to the video from Friday night, even if it was just taken on a phone or whatever, I'd like to see that too.