Posters on the walls still?

espz

Sep 23, 2011
Colorado Springs
Just saw a pic of the Circus Maximus poster in Jen's vendor thread, and it got me wondering... How many people still have posters on their walls?

I'm just assuming that this is an older crowd and that most of us don't have the luxury of doing that anymore. Maybe someone has an awesome mancave of metal posters? It's been a long LONG time since I had posters on the walls in my room. Sometimes growing up isn't so fun! :)

Post up a pic if you do!

I actually just recently let go of this with my most recent apartment move. I have one portion of one wall that has rock/metal posters on it now, but that's it. In my past places, they used to be all over the place. I used to keep all my concert ticket stubs on the wall too, plus flyers of shows I played.

I call it the bragging wall, and my apologies for the size, I don't know how to edit bbcode in that manner.

529123_10151471827310297_1434681947_n.jpg

Luckily I have a great wife who has always let me have my own space for my posters, metal memorabilia and cds. Right now my walls consist mainly of power metal bands and classic Maiden posters I have managed to keep throughout the years. Unfortunately many of my mid to late 80s thrash posters are long gone from my college days such as early Metallica (w/Cliff) & Megadeth, Overkill, Atrophy, Coroner & Metal Church and I really wish I had those back.

No posters up, though I do have a couple of cool band flags on display. Two cool Blind Guardian ones and my fave - a Dream Theater Awake flag with the eye/clock artwork from the Lie single.

Back when CDs used to come in long boxes... I used to cut the covers out and had an entire wall plastered in those. Those were the days, free wall-fodder with every cd purchase!

Just saw a pic of the Circus Maximus poster in Jen's vendor thread, and it got me wondering... How many people still have posters on their walls?

I'm just assuming that this is an older crowd and that most of us don't have the luxury of doing that anymore. Maybe someone has an awesome mancave of metal posters? It's been a long LONG time since I had posters on the walls in my room. Sometimes growing up isn't so fun! :)

Post up a pic if you do!

I've got all the signed posters from PPUSA framed in my office. The rest of the "man cave" has 100+ framed LPs.

I've got all the signed posters from PPUSA framed in my office. The rest of the "man cave" has 100+ framed LPs.

That's pretty freakin awesome.

I have my shadowboxed Iced Earth "Fuck Posers" shirt, but it's not currently hanging. I'm looking for a spot for it. It won't be long before my daughter starts trying to read things though...so...yeah. I have some video game wall scrolls as well. I've got a huge Xenogears wall scroll behind my bank of monitors. The rest of my office is shelving for the most part.

On my offices walls are, Destruction, Blind Guardian, Fifth Angel, Kate Bush, Siouxsie Sioux, Christian Death, Maiden, Dio, Doro, Batman, and Stolen Babies, and a Strangeland movie posters. Most are signed and there are several signed glossies up.

Sadly, no posters on the walls anymore, but haven't had the heart to throw any of them away. Still have a collection rolled up in the garage including Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Styx, Yngwie, Stryper...

My study is my own space and I have dozens of framed LP's, 11x17 posters, pics, etc. The catch is that I won't put anything on the wall unless it's autographed, but I still have far too much for the one room (well over 50% of it came from ProgPower). My favorite souvenir is if I can snag one of the 11x17 flyers specifically for the show I'm at and get the band to autograph it. The wife gets to control the artwork in the rest of the house, so that is all pictures of the kids and long-dead pets and ducks and shit.

When I moved to my new aprtment, I made my office a Rock nRoll office, posters, signed stuff, etc. 2nd bedroom isn't big enough for my signed vinyl, and I'm still finding stuff I forgot about. Soon as I get some time this weekend, I'll get some stuff up on flicker, and post it here....It's a WIP, and will be for a while! :)

I don't have any music-related posters on the walls in my apartment, mostly because I'm already on the line between "home" and "glorified dorm room" - I do have some of my live photographs framed on the wall, but the living room has maps, vintage prints, and a signed Michael Whelan print; the bedroom has Temple of Doom (an unexpectedly awesome one that I found at a convention) and LOTR Rauros Falls posters and another Whelan print. I've never really come across any music posters that fit in with the decor.