Bitching: The Opposing Extremes

Throughout my long experience of visiting message boards and posting on them, I have learned that there are three kinds of posters:

1) The posters who bitch too much. Where every thread is "I fucking hate ______. . ." or "_______ sucks juicy donkey balls.", with nothing changing except the object in the blank. They have nothing to say that means anything or adds to their "argument", they just bitch. It is usually the same people who bitch about other posters constantly.

2) The people who don't bitch ENOUGH. Where no actual opinion is expressed and posts consist of "so-and-so band" kicks ass, "so-and-so band rules", etc. Anyone who disagrees (as is inevitable, since every band has SOME haters), is immediately called "ignorant" or a "poser" or some other Schaffer-ism, even though a valid opinion is being expressed by the opposition. These kinds of posters are usually the most forgettable, since they seemingly have no balls and fail to express legible opinions. It is my opinion that these posters should be banned when it is proven that their thoughts and posts are without substance and add nothing to the overall standing of the board.

and finally. . .

3) The people in between, who are not afraid to express their opinion, whether popular or not, aren't afraid to bitch if they have to, yet are proven to still get along with board members because of their thoughtfulness and generosity towards other board members. It is a balanced equilibrium of emotion, a well-rounded status that is usually possessed by all like-able posters on a board. I'm not saying that you have to be liked, but respected. IMO, neither #1 or #2 validate or deserve any respect whatsoever.

I, myself, have indeed found myself as a #1 or a #2 at times. Nobody is perfect, and no one is expecting it. However, it is highly desirable to strive to be a #3 poster -- and shoud be by all.

To all the posters on this board with the fearlessness to post what they think and believe, the posters who value everyone's opinion as well as their own and don't give over to senseless ranting, the posters who show intelligence and integrity (in life as well as on a seemingly meaningless message board) I salute you. You make the board a kickass place to come to in my free time!

And by the way, I'm not just talking about posting.

I'm talking about life.

Thanks for reading this mess! :)

Schaffer-ism!! i fucking love that. you rule man, jon schaffer is a fucking bitch. i use to think that guy was great, but the more i read about how he treats his bands and the more of his statements i read i decided he is a little cunt. not to mention his band sucks now and he cant write any good riffs. i think i had a point somewhere, but fuck it. i dont remember anymore.
-neal

btw, i like that atg song quote too, but what the fuck is a judas window?

<<Schaffer-ism!! i fucking love that.>>

LOL, I was hoping someone would catch that! ;)

As for the ATG song. . .

Well, the lyrics kinda refer to someone cutting themselves off
from a world of hypocrisy (probably the Christian religion) by "shutting a window" against it. Judas was, of course, the man who betrayed Christ in the Bible, so it is kinda one of those "shock" things against organized religion, a sort-of "smack in the face" against Christianity. Therefore, the "Judas-window" refers to a total shunning of hypocrisy (Christianity).

Just my interpretation, I could be wrong. If you want, I'll post the lyrics in a little while. . .

For now, I must retire to eat Japanese and watch "Dumb and Dumber". . . ;)

GREAT POST BLACK WINTER DAY>>>>>>A FUCKING TOP SHELF DISPLAY DUDE!

And yes,,,.....I noticed the SHAFFERISM...it was awsome man

There is no need for a poll on this......we know who we are.

But... But... I HAVE a woman to slip the salami!
I just like to playa solo with the one string guitar every once in a while!