Anybody here ever notices this cycle?

Can't say that one's ever annoyed me.

Maiden, though, has seriously ruined a lot of great songs of theirs with shit lyrics.

BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY
BLOODY MARY

So, can someone give a good descrption of Mercyful Fate, like their genre and sound? I never really bothered to explore this band before.

What? Losfer Words and Gangland both kick ass. Not sure where you're getting that from.

The Maiden songs that really annoy the fuck out of me are the ones with tons of repeated lyrics, like Seventh Son. They have too many fucking songs like that.

!

Yeah, I mean they can pull it off better than many other bands, but it's still a lame way to write songs, and they have done it too much in later albums.

Very original, obscure sounding Heavy Metal with rich, punk-influenced riff work and some of the finest lead playing in the history of the genre.

Edit: Oh yeah and the vocals...high as high theatrical falsettos are frequently used.

Good description. Besides the high King uses a whole range of singing styles. Those first two albums are just beyond description in their originality and incredible songwriting.

That song is fucking sweet too. Jesus, some of you guys have the weirdest beefs when it comes to Maiden songs.

Are you kidding? What the hell is good about that song?

Hilarious boogeyman lyrics (which are obviously tongue-in-cheek), and a fucking kickass chorus.

Every time I hear that song, I wish I had a daughter I could bring to the nearest slaughter in town. :lol: