Anybody here ever notices this cycle?

One thing I never liked about Priest (mostly mid-later era) was their sexual lyrics. I have just never been a big fan of those type of lyrics. Maiden rarely had anything like that, and when they did it was of the type that bothered me less (Charlotte).

Haha, you lame homophobic case...

I never said anything about Rob's sexual orientation. I said I dislike the type of sexually oriented lyrics that (I assume) he wrote on some albums. Dude, I've been listening to Judas Priest since way before we knew he was gay and I already disliked that style of lyric from Priest or any band.

Don't go making stupid assumptions, ass.

I never said anything about Rob's sexual orientation. I said I dislike the type of sexually oriented lyrics that (I assume) he wrote on some albums. Dude, I've been listening to Judas Priest since way before we knew he was gay and I already disliked that style of lyric from Priest or any band.

Don't go making stupid assumptions, ass.

You said "keep it to yourself," I don't know how I was supposed to assume anything other than a comment on Halford's sexual orientation. It's a oft repeated line, along with "I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home" etc. :rolleyes: And seeing your collection, there's plenty of stuff with 'sexual' lyrics that you've neglected to comment on before the subject of judas priest.

You said "keep it to yourself," I don't know how I was supposed to assume anything other than a comment on Halford's sexual orientation. It's a oft repeated line, along with "I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home" etc. :rolleyes: And seeing your collection, there's plenty of stuff with 'sexual' lyrics that you've neglected to comment on before the subject of judas priest.

Yeah, so what? I do prefer that people keep what they do in the privacy of their own home to themselves. That includes straight and gay people. I have no interest in hearing about people's sexual fantasies or conquests. I know I have other stuff in my collection that has lyrics of this type (Scorpions maybe, not sure what else). It doesn't necessarily keep me from owning something, or enjoying it, but it does diminish my enjoyment to some degree. It also is one more point for why I prefer Maiden to Priest, which is where the comment came from, which is part of the evolution of this thread, which you can read if you're interested. I mentioned it because it was relevant to the discussion. I have no reason to just run around the GMD whining about lyrics I dislike.