Downloading Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caecius

Doomed Traveler
Sep 30, 2007
Colorado
I was wondering if anyone knows any good download sites or programs? I use Rhapsody right now, but the selection on metal is sometimes pretty bad. I was hoping to find a good one to download metal, even if I have to pay a monthly fee like I do now for Rhapsody.

Don't pay for downloading music....

I would either use torrent programs like Utorrent (what I use) or BitComet. They are very easy to use once you know how. Then join Kerrazy-torrents, or search in various torrent sites.

Or just find rar downloads. For example go to google and type in the artist and album you want followed by rar or rapidshare or ifolder or megaupload etc.

ie:
Darkthrone "Transilvanian Hunger" rapidshare

Chances are you'll find a link to download the album. I would recommend ifolder because you don't have to worry about any limits. And just unzip the rar file.

Downloading is wrong.

Without people buying albums, then the artist can't continue.

You may think you are supporting the artist by downloading, but you are just killing their music.

Downloading and buying after is not wrong. Btw zoidberg, what logo is that at the middle left of your sig?

I always buy a bands CD, because I like the quality and cover. But it's nice to hear it before I buy it, unless it's a band I really like already.

Downloading and buying after is not wrong. Btw zoidberg, what logo is that at the middle left of your sig?

weakling.

Downloading is wrong.

You may think you are supporting the artist by downloading, but you are just killing their music.

get over it, with limewire you can only download files that people already have, so if a band isnt popular you have to buy the album to hear them. 99% of metal bands dont show up, its only good for bands like iron maiden, metallica, slayer, etc.

or i guess you could keep refreshing for 30 minutes to get a couple massacra downloads and then only 1 out of three download on the count of a 'busy host'.

Downloading is wrong.

Radiohead doesn't seem to agree... they're giving their new album out for free. Prince did the same.

I HOPE the music industry dies. It's not like there aren't other ways to do music and a billion bands who will give their stuff away for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.