download sites?

Opus(sy)2

Dead and dripping
Jul 8, 2002
South England
Visit site
does anybody know any good sites that i can use to download music......before buying an album i always like to listen to a couple of tracks off it and read some reviews but now that audiogalaxy has gone down its been a right bastard......i have blubster which really is just a load of shit....imesh which freezes every 5 fucking minutes....mp3.com which is just S.L.O.W....kazaa which is also just a load of shit and qtrax....which just doesnt work....nothing works....so has anybody got any sites?, programs? that they would like to share with me?

Wow I guess with the change of times people get cheaper and cheaper. Does anyone buy albums without hearing them anymore? Does anyone take that chance? I've discovered some of my favorite bands like that! One example is Kalmah. I meant to by a Kamelot cd and was in such a rush as the time I grabbed Kalmah, "swamp lord"....I never went back for that Kamelot cd. Sure you might get a few duds but when you get a winner its SO MUCH BETTER....but hey.. I am insane. These days to many people would rather listen, download and then never buy it. But thats just my opinion.

hey yeah this soulseek program is awesome. On kazaa i cant find fukk all good music, but on soulseek i even found some Astriaal!!
BTW i also like to download a few songs from a cd before i buy it, to see if i like it. i dont have much money so i cant afford to waste money on bad cds.

I think with so many damn lables right now the risk is too much. In the old days you could look at the label and know what kind of music it was. Roadrunner ment it was going to be something in the ballpark of thrash, Metal Blade ment something in the ballpark of NWOBHM style, Earache ment something near the Death-metal style. The risk was low. Now with so many lables and each of them having so many bands you have to smaple a few tracks before spending $20 on the disc. I know I would rather have the real disc than just a bunch of samples if it's something I like.