dowsing vinyl, tiny rant of adoration

YoyoNono

New Metal Member
Sep 15, 2013
So only a few years ago, I remember seeing Dowsing on vinyl available for only like 15$ in eBay. Recent searches has lead me to only finding one copy through a maybe shady dealer on Amazon for 200 and some bucks. Is this thing really that rare now? Does it even exist? does anyone want to sell theirs for a 100$ if it does? Or does anyone have any leads on how I can get it?

I just decided to throw on this album tonight, after some Schoenberg's Transfigured Night lubed me up, and had that "holy shit this is the musical statement of why I love music and want to make it" after having some musical existential crisis the past some months. I mean seriously, does Toby even know how gigantic of a black monolith this album is? I'm blissed out and pissed Obama hasen't declared March as Kayo Dot appreciation month by gunpoint. I am overwhelmed with lonelines and alienation knowing this work falls like the tree of life on deafheaven ears in a forest of Anthony Fantanos

wow, you're right it seems! i had no idea this had become such a rarity.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dowsing-Anemone-Copper-Tongue-Vinyl/dp/B000OYAUFW/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=[/ame]

$926.79??

fuck. it's a shame that isn't what the band is raking in per copy...

i have the blue marbled version; it's easily my most spun slice o wax of all time, and corresponds with perhaps the most major turning point for me as a musician.
i guess it's nice to know if i hit rock bottom i could buns my way back to the crust of society with this... but frankly you'd be more likely to find my vanwinkled tortas face down in a thunderbird-soaked cardboard box beside my copy of dowsing anemone.

agreed on all fronts, meister!

YoyoNono, owl trade you my *rare marbled vinyl edition* DAWCT for the low low price of 900 stupid dollars, 600 of which shall go back to KD.
special bonus: still has most of original collector's edition cat hair!
boboblionus: smells like w33d
eggstra special: played so many times the grooves have become hyperengraved and as a result has the deepest sound quality of any extant copy!

or like u can just cum over and we can listen to it, then make the future brood of dot trickled din :Smokedev:

That's insane. Shit, if we could just find 6 or 7 people to donate their copies, we could sell them each at this price and then just repress the thing. Robotic Empire gave us the rights to repress on our own, but we just never have the up-front cash to do so. BTW, I'll sell you my copy for half that and live for a whole month????

Funny true story, though: The first time we ever played in Berlin, Germany (2008), we were already long-sold-out of Dowsing on both CD and vinyl. But, there was a local record store vendor with his own merch table set up at the show, and he was selling a copy of Dowsing on vinyl for 15 euros (and it's a double LP)! Shit, we thought, let's buy it and re-sell it on tour. So we bought it from him, and over the next few weeks tried to re-sell it for 18 euros. We had a difficult time getting rid of it.... I believe it didn't sell until almost the final show of the tour.

Anyway, let's break up and do a reunion tour in 5 yrs.