Shit vs Gold......A Rant

Klosure:

Actually, I started this thread with Katatonia NOT in mind! Maybe some here could be thinking of Katatonia, but the thread is more general about shit talking:)

But I commend you for taking the time to add WHY you don't like the new Katatonia cd as much as some others. What you had to say was a mature opinion and worthwhile, without calling something that's still good "shit", so I applaud you for that!

Both of you have pretty shitty perceptions of music sometimes tbh. ;)

We should be friends.

Edit: Actually BlueSky, I think I didn't mean it now when I said you have shit perceptions. Now that I've seen this thread, I realized it was just you appearing to pass off everything mainstream as shit that was somewhat annoying. Which is kinda ironic considering all I do here is pretend to think later Katatonia is shit (they aren't, and I shall have a listening party with myself to cover my neglected modern Katatonia albums soon).

P.S. DODS still rox kthx

why do you even care what others think about your music? they can not stop you from listening it, so what the fuck?

I agree with you Pastor Digger. I think there are many people in these forums who will sling shit at music simply because they are not into the style of music or because it doesnt fit their criteria of whatever sound they believe to be truly musical. However, these people (mostly extreme metal, ambient, or black metal elitists) usually have absolutely no fucking clue what good music sounds like; they just love being part of an obscure, eclectic sub-culture which loves to dismiss most types of music! And most of these people are also completely musically uneducated. They have no idea what pitch, harmony, or rhythm do to manifest wholesome sounding music.. Eh... I could go on..

It is a one way street trying to build open mindedness in people who are closed minded.

YOU SHOULD BE INCLUDED AMONGST THAT PEOPLE