dpi? and question for professionals

Sigma

Aug 12, 2002
New York
im doing a cover for a friend and he said the pressing company wants the resolution to be 300 dpi, what does this mean?

also, how do i go about copyrighting my work?

ok, im pretty new to this whole publishing thing, pardon my ignorance but whats CMYK model, ive seen the selection in photoshop but have never used it

CMYK is an acronym for cyan, magenta, yellow, and key. These are the colors used for printing and are part of subtractive coloring. They allow a broad spectrum of colors when combined. The term "key" is often thought to be black, and though it is the most often used, it is in fact a variable color. Computer monitors display RGB or additive color. So, when printing an image from the computer, the colors may be altered due the conversion.

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
CMYK is an acronym for cyan, magenta, yellow, and key. These are the colors used for printing and are part of subtractive coloring. They allow a broad spectrum of colors when combined. The term "key" is often thought to be black, and though it is the most often used, it is in fact a variable color. Computer monitors display RGB or additive color. So, when printing an image from the computer, the colors may be altered due the conversion.

wow thank you man, that helped a lot

for taking your time to explain,
cheers.gif