DragonForce re-releases featuring Steve's song

Andiferum

My penis exploded
Nov 18, 2006
London, UK
www.facebook.com
I just read this and thought it might be of interest to Steve/the forumers...

"The studio track "Where Dragons Rule" has now been added to the audio side, and there is a bonus DVD featuring never-before-seen live footage ("Valley Of The Damned", filmed in Japan), behind-the-scenes material (also from Japan), video commentaries, plus in-studio interviews and clips (shot in Denmark and the U.K.), all of it lovingly assembled by Li himself."

Rest of article HERE

I hope Mr. Williams will be receiving writing credits/royalties on this one...

Not the worlds biggest DF fan, but some of their old stuff was pretty epic, partucularly stuff like "Where dragons rule"!

From what I've heard, this track was mainly composed by Steve, so I'm sure he'll receive royalties so long as the publishing for the track was setup correctly. If not, then...?

As a big Dragonforce fan, I'm looking forward to these re-releases, especially the Valley of the Damned one, with it being remixed and such.

Cool to hear that the bonus tracks will be on as well.

And indeed, let's hope the royalties go where they are supposed to!

Royalties and Publishing going astray????? Surely not. And I thought the music industry was run by noble and honourable gents, Next you'll be telling me that rock bands have been known to dabble in a quiet after show drug taking session where women have been known to become naked and get drunk with band members. Then you'll try to convince me that bands have even been known to destroy property that does not belong to them, and that occasionally TV sets have taken to the skies ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

Preposterous, I simply won't believe it...

Regards (A cynical Pete on this cold Thursday Morning)

Pete:lol:

Aye, I know what you mean. It's a bit of a shame. Recently my friend's song appeared on a Metal Hammer CD from his ex-band (he even played on the song) and he is only credited on the album as "additional guitars", so he's not due to get any of the £600 he is entitled to.

I think Steve's remarked on this before and it amounts to 'meh, that's life what can you do?' which is a good reaction to have to this release. Even as an ex-hyperfan I don't see any point in it and I hope the gravity of it's importance reflect the indifference it'll be met with.

Regards (A cynical Dom on this rainy Thursday afternoon) :lol:

Yeah, I posted on this a few months back, that DF was playing Where Dragons Rule live (which was an absolute stunner, but freaking amazing). Steve said something like, "the song isn't really mine anymore, the DF guys have taken it a different direction than it originally was." (When Vadim started the opening keys, I yelled, "THAT'S STEVE'S LICK, PRUZHANOV!!"--ahaha).

Still, I absolutely can't wait to hear that one remixed--and the whole record, for that album. The original "Valley" mixing is ass. :loco: I'll get this record the day it comes out.

Maybe Steve'll at least get a liner note? :D

Yeah, I posted on this a few months back, that DF was playing Where Dragons Rule live (which was an absolute stunner, but freaking amazing). Steve said something like, "the song isn't really mine anymore, the DF guys have taken it a different direction than it originally was." (When Vadim started the opening keys, I yelled, "THAT'S STEVE'S LICK, PRUZHANOV!!"--ahaha).

Still, I absolutely can't wait to hear that one remixed--and the whole record, for that album. The original "Valley" mixing is ass. :loco: I'll get this record the day it comes out.

Maybe Steve'll at least get a liner note? :D

Were you the one at the Chicago gig, from the Dragonforce forum? :lol:

Good point, haha. Too bad I didn't hear you shout that, I was busy screaming "fuck yea" because they were going to play it. :lol:

hahaha! They did indeed play WDR! Sam actually said beforehand that he wished he had thought about this and got me up to play the song with them.

When they finished the song though he did say that this song was written by someone from Southampton who is in the crowd tonight....he's called Evil Steve! hahaha!

hahaha! They did indeed play WDR! Sam actually said beforehand that he wished he had thought about this and got me up to play the song with them.

When they finished the song though he did say that this song was written by someone from Southampton who is in the crowd tonight....he's called Evil Steve! hahaha!

Ahahah! That's terrific! That makes my day for some reason. ^_^

That's nice they recognised you publicly! How was the show?