DRAGONFORCE sells out CBGB's in one day!

I just cant get into this band. They are such a 1 trick pony to my ears. Every songs a gazillion miles an hour.

IMO they have nothing thats memorable. Hell I heard the new one, and gee what a surprise.......every song a million miles an hour.

at least they slowed it down a bit on the new one. :lol:

i don't think it would
but i was thinking possibly their management would be like "oh, shit..we could easily sell a whole bunch of more tickets, lets see if we could do something about this"
plus cbgbs, although it has a great past, is a pretty crappy venue

Petethedrummer said:
i don't think it would
but i was thinking possibly their management would be like "oh, shit..we could easily sell a whole bunch of more tickets, lets see if we could do something about this"
plus cbgbs, although it has a great past, is a pretty crappy venue
Perhaps, schedule permitting, they could add a second performance in the area. I would tend to think they're not going to fly all the way to the states to play a single night. I have to imagine the band will be in town longer than Wednesday.

Zod

General Zod said:
Perhaps, schedule permitting, they could add a second performance in the area. I would tend to think they're not going to fly all the way to the states to play a single night. I have to imagine the band will be in town longer than Wednesday.

Zod

As mentioned, they're playing a festival in Quebec City. They likely were invited to that (their first time in Canada) and decided they might as well make their first appearance in the US while on this side of the pond.

That date is already taken at BB Kings and I imagine most other similar sized clubs were also being used. CGBG was probably one of the few places they could get a last minute booking with. And why halfway sell a larger venue when you can sellout the smaller place (which they probably didn't realize would happen).

General Zod said:
I was planning on going to this show. Not a huge DF fan, but I figured this would be a good show. It sounds like the promoter underestimated the band's drawing power. Shame. There are a lot of great venues in NYC, that could have accomodated everyone who wanted to see this show.

Zod

Seven Witches and Kamelot are playing the night before this show at BB Kings. It would have really made sense to jump in on that bill since they aren't actually touring the states, just doin a few select dates.