Apr 2, 2005
Yeah!!! A new tour!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Any chance of PQ supporting? :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump:

Meet The Sonic Firestorm - UK Tour September 2005
Posted Friday, 3 June 2005 - 21:37GMT by Webmaster
D R A G O N F O R C E

MEET THE SONIC FIRESTORM
UK TOUR SEPTEMBER 2005

The six headed rock beast that is the London based yet multinationally comprised DRAGONFORCE will tour the UK in September 2005.

In contrast to their summer schedule, which sees the band playing several of mainland Europe’s largest festivals, as well as a batch of stadium shows as special guests of Iron Maiden, the tour was set up with the intention of including a number of smaller, out of the way towns and venues and effectively sees the band taking their music to the kids. As guitarist Herman Li puts it:-

"On our last headlining tour we played mostly major cities. We were aware through the Forum on our website and from speaking to the fans after we had played each show that many of them were travelling a fuck of a long way to get there, some of them even flying! We didn't think this was fair as it costs them a fortune, so we decided on this tour that as far as possible we would take the band to them."

Sponsored by Metal Hammer and incorporating three small weekly London shows at The Barfly in Camden, the full list of dates (including ticket hotline nos.) for what has been dubbed the ’Meet The Sonic Firestorm’ tour is as follows:-

13.09 WOLVERHAMPTON Wulfrun Hall - 01902-552121 / www.wolvescivic.co.uk
14.09 CARDIFF University - 0161-8321111 / www.gigsandtours.com
15.09 LONDON Barfly - 0870-9070999 / www.barflyclub.com
17.09 LEEDS Cockpit - 0871-2200260 / www.seetickets.com
18.09 EDINBURGH Liquid Rooms - 0870-3331123 / www.cpllive.co.uk
19.09 ABERDEEN Moshulu - 0870-3331123 / www.cpllive.co.uk
20.09 LIVERPOOL Academy - 0161-8321111 / www.gigsandtours.com
22.09 LONDON Barfly - 0870-9070999 / www.barflyclub.com
24.09 OXFORD Zodiac - 01865-420042 / www.seetickets.com
25.09 CAMBRIDGE Junction - 01223-511511 / www.junction.co.uk
26.09 PORTSMOUTH Wedgewood Rooms - 023-92863911 / www.seetickets.com
27.09 EXETER St. George’s Hall - 01392-425309 / www.seetickets.com
29.09 LONDON Barfly - 0870-9070999 / www.barflyclub.com
30.09 LEICESTER Charlotte - 0116-2553956 / www.thecharlotte.co.uk

DRAGONFORCE is powered by the twin guitar assaults of Herman Li (born in Hong Kong) and Sam Totman (English), singer Z.P. Theart (South African), Vadim Pruzhanov (Ukrainian) on keyboards, plus two more Brits in bassist Adrian Lambert and drummer David Mackintosh. The sound of the group is a rare combination of various metal and hard rock styles, although the sonic fury they conjure up in no way hides their greatest strength....songwriting ability. The release of their debut album Valley Of The Damned in 2003 saw the group tour Europe, South East Asia and the Far East. A swift follow-up, Sonic Firestorm, was issued in the spring of 2004; buoyed by massive critical acclaim throughout the rock press, its release saw the band launch into a sustained period of activity that included a European tour with WASP and a first full UK headlining tour that saw most venues sold out. The band will record their third album later this year for release in early 2006.

They are coming to my fair city Aberdeen - take note PQ I said you guys should play Moshulu, now DF are doing it .... WHY NOT! :)

I'll make the Edinburgh date aswell, my 21st birthday is the 17th of september - what a lovely present hehe :)

SiliconMessiah said:
damn, nowhere close to me, apart from Wolverhampton, not sure how close that is though realistically.....

last time they did Birmingham :cry:

from brum just get a train from new street takes about 20 mins and i think they run every 10 mins or if u driving i can give u directions only 12 miles so nothing really hope that is some help mate

SiliconMessiah said:
yeah the only problem is getting back home again... as the last train that could get me home would probably leave quite early, so i'd have to miss some of the gig or something, and i don't have anyone to go with either i doubt so it'd be all scary! :lol:

I'm probably going to end up spending the night in Wolvo station for lack of ability to get home. But even getting stabbed will be worth it, having PQ added to the bill will cement it as the greatest show on earth. Please Steve :)

aye well getting back to new st would be fine, but then getting back to selly oak would be harder! cos the last train for that would be around 1130, so would have to leave much much earlier than that to get back to new st in time for the last one to selly!

Docaroo said:
They are coming to my fair city Aberdeen - take note PQ I said you guys should play Moshulu, now DF are doing it .... WHY NOT! :)

I'll make the Edinburgh date aswell, my 21st birthday is the 17th of september - what a lovely present hehe :)

Well guys, all I can say is that we will be doing our level best to get on the tour...if we don't it won't be for lack of trying!

Cool Symphony! I think a tour like this in the UK will really help Power Quest's popularity. DragonForce is really big in the UK now, rightly deserved and any bands power metal bands able to support them in UK will gain lots of news fans! Whatever happends it's gonna be a mega tour :)

I thought Power Quest were going to play your own headline shows for Magic Never Dies? Is this still happenning Symphony? METALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Well, looks like I'm sitting around in new street all night. Anyone else up for that? ;)

We're going to have to have a PQ gang meetup at the gig, or after :)
I say after because I'm skiving college to go up in the day to get in the queue for a good spot at the front! :D

I wish i lived in europe so i could go to all these awesome concerts. instead i'm stuck with ozzfest for the only fest and almost no good european bands touring =/

america gets their american bands and loads of the bigger bands make it out there sometimes more often than they come to the UK. Like Dream Theater arn't coming to the UK on their tour i don't think :(

But then the UK gets kick ass smaller bands which are known worldwide, such as PQ, DF and BLAZE etc. and they often just tour round europe.