Dragonforce venue change for Chicago and LA shows!

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
DRAGONFORCE have announced two venue changes on their current North American tour. Their November 7th show in Los Angeles, CA has been moved from the Hollywood Palladiun to the Wiltern Theater, and thier December 10th gig in Chicago, IL has been moved from Congress Theater to House Of Blues.

Their schedule is now as follows:

November
7 - Wiltern Theatre - Los Angeles, CA
8 - SOMA - San Diego, CA
10 - Marquee - Phoenix, AZ
11 - House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
13 - The Great Salt Air - Salt Lake City, UT
14 - Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO
15 - Sunshine Theatre - Albuquerque, NM
17 - House of Blues - Dallas, TX
18 - House of Blues - Houston, TX
19 - Stubbs - Austin, TX
21 - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA
22 - House of Blues - Orlando, FL
23 - House of Blues - Myrtle Beach, SC
25 - Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY
26 - Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ
28 - Rams Head Live - Baltimore, MD
29 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
30 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA

December
2 - The Medley - Montreal, QC
3 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC
5 - Kool Haus - Toronto, ON
6 - Royal Oak Music Theater - Royal Oak, MI
7 - Agora Ballroom - Cleveland, OH
9 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
10 - House Of Blues - Chicago, IL
12 - MYTH - Minneapolis, MN
13 - Burton Cummings Theatre - Winnipeg, MB
15 - Events Centre - Edmonton, AB
16 - MacEwan Hall - Calgary, AB
19 - Croation Cultural Centre – Vancouver, BC

Am I missing something? The last 3 times I was at The Congress theater it was a shithole. Terrible venue, terrible sound, terrible neighborhood. HOB has great sound albeit its in downtown Chicago. Whats the beef?

Am I missing something? The last 3 times I was at The Congress theater it was a shithole. Terrible venue, terrible sound, terrible neighborhood. HOB has great sound albeit its in downtown Chicago. Whats the beef?

Although the Congress may not be as nice as the HoB, it is more than twice the capacity. My guess is that presales are no where near even 1000 yet, which is why they moved the show.

The people have spoken... :kickass: :p

Yeah, after DF's monstrosity of a last album, it doesn't surprise me. Hell, even my nerdy ass is boycotting this show. Doesn't help that it is on a school night either.

Wow, I'm the opposite. I love the new CD but am iffy about the earlier material. I think the new DF is power metal goodliness. Oh well.

BTW Chris, I totally understand your point on the Congress capacity. I do however like the sound and overall atmosphere at HOB.

Wow, I'm the opposite. I love the new CD but am iffy about the earlier material. I think the new DF is power metal goodliness. Oh well.

Meh.
To each his own.
I personally don't think they've put out a really good album since Sonic Firestorn.
Inhuman Rampage was okay, but it's like they forgot about writing a decent song and are focusing more on being 'the fastest band in the land' and/or writing the soundtrack for a video game.
It's like, 'Okay, we get it...you can shred. Now start writing a song that doesn't sound exactly like the next'.
I swear "Ultra Beatdown' or...'Ultra LETDOWN' was like one long continuous song.
Coaster.

I had to use this emoticon.....considering I just got back from Hawaii.
Spam and rice wrapped in seaweed is like thier McMuffin over there.
Ha Ha!
:Spam:

I havent moved, but I REALLY want to see Turisas again. Not to mention lots of friends in the area that I need to see, oh and I actually like Dragonforce and havent gotten to see them play a headlining set.

Meh.
To each his own.
I personally don't think they've put out a really good album since Sonic Firestorn.
Inhuman Rampage was okay, but it's like they forgot about writing a decent song and are focusing more on being 'the fastest band in the land' and/or writing the soundtrack for a video game.
It's like, 'Okay, we get it...you can shred. Now start writing a song that doesn't sound exactly like the next'.
I swear "Ultra Beatdown' or...'Ultra LETDOWN' was like one long continuous song.
Coaster.

I had to use this emoticon.....considering I just got back from Hawaii.
Spam and rice wrapped in seaweed is like thier McMuffin over there.
Ha Ha!
:Spam:

Maybe...just maybe... Dragonfagoons should focus on being able play live well enough to at least be in the vicinity of the speed of their albums.

Spam musubi, I think that's called. Shane Victorino of the Philadelphia Phillies loves the stuff... which pisses off PETA... and anything trite that pisses off PETA makes me laugh.

Oh, how the "mighty" have fallen! :lol: :lol:

Just heard that there were only a few hundred ppl there. And they wanted to play the Congress... :lol:

Did anyone actually go to this show? Were there backing track guitar solos at least tight for this show? :lol: