Opeth tour 2008

So, didn´t want to make a new topic, just wondering a bit about GB, as I am concidering doing a little tour with Opeth there. London, Bristol & Nottingham. Is it easy to travel between these 3 towns? And how is it with hotels and stuff (preferably cheap). Seemed like it was Easy for London (and travel to Bristol, train seemed like a good option), haven´t truly checked all on the Notthingham one, I´ll probably take a flight direct to London, and probably back from there as well. Will be a costy weekend, but should be worth it. And might as well go see them In Gøteborg in december :p. And hell, London seems big, I´ll probably get lost there...
K, thanks in advance!

Me and a bunch of friends drove for 12 hours to see them in Gothenburg at metaltown last summer, and of course Åkerfeldt had to get chicken pots right then so we got fucked. Well well,new try in december.

So, didn´t want to make a new topic, just wondering a bit about GB, as I am concidering doing a little tour with Opeth there. London, Bristol & Nottingham. Is it easy to travel between these 3 towns? And how is it with hotels and stuff (preferably cheap). Seemed like it was Easy for London (and travel to Bristol, train seemed like a good option), haven´t truly checked all on the Notthingham one, I´ll probably take a flight direct to London, and probably back from there as well. Will be a costy weekend, but should be worth it. And might as well go see them In Gøteborg in december :p. And hell, London seems big, I´ll probably get lost there...
K, thanks in advance!

The venue for London is fairly small but if you can get a ticket it is relatively near a tube (underground) station. A bit more expensive but quicker would be to make your way on the tube to Paddington then get the train to Reading. Changing there to head to Bristol

Thanks for the info :)
You know of any cheap places to stay at in London or Bristol? A friend saw one place in London, but that was like 110 each night, althought it was really close to the venue. I thought the venue was a bit big? Seemed so on Lamentations, or perhaps i was drawn back my the awesomeness of the gig :p

What a fucking show they put on last Wednesday night. I've seen them 6 times and they keep getting tighter. A few suprises in the setlist like Serenity Painted Death and TNATSW but i nearly lost my mind when they played The Lotus Eaters...that song sounded RIDICULOUS live. I showed up late so i didn't have to sit through HOF and we timed it perfectly.

Thanks for the info :)
You know of any cheap places to stay at in London or Bristol? A friend saw one place in London, but that was like 110 each night, althought it was really close to the venue. I thought the venue was a bit big? Seemed so on Lamentations, or perhaps i was drawn back my the awesomeness of the gig :p

No worries : )

There's a B&B opposite Kings Cross train station called Hotel Meridiana.

If memory serves it was £60 for a 3 person room and £40 for a 2 person.

Comes with breakfast and is generally decent enough and not too pricey :)

It has an upper layer to it but I think it is one of the smaller London venues. Similar capacity size to The Garage and Underworld.

Should be good for atmosphere though