Dream Line-up for 2007

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
..with the info that we already have... and knowing that a band never plays 2 years in a row... And let's use "possible" bands... I already know we all want Rush as a headliner, but.. :).. and we can't afford 14 "big" names either, so try to add some good but "unknown" bands as well.

OK. My wishes.
I prefer not to have one heavy day and one soft. I know that's probably a better choice for selling day tickets, but I will be there the whole weekend, so... as I said DREAM line-up.

Pre-party
1 - Loch Vostok (we need Teddy & co at PP 2007 so that there will be some serious partying :))
2 - Freak Kitchen

Saturday
1 - Enter the hunt
2 - Sylvan
3 - Mind's Eye
4 - Circus Maximus
5 - Heaven's Cry
Headliner: Kamelot

Sunday
1 - Spheric Universe Experience
2 - Pantommind
3 - Extol
4 - Beyond Twilight
5 - Soilwork
Headliner: Jon Oliva's Pain

How about that? :)

Friday
Twisted Into Form
Beautiful Sin

Saturday:
Heaven's Cry (haven't heard them yet, so could be higher on the bill)
Sieges Even
Zero Hour (edit ;-)
Circus Maximus
John Arch
Outworld

Sunday :
Pagan's Mind
Beyond Twilight
Mechanical Poet
Pantommind
Seventh Wonder
Jon Oliva's Pain

Pre-party
1 - Wastefall
2 - Evil Masquerade

Saturday
1 - Heed
2 - Heven's Cry
3 - To-Mera:headbang:
4 - Pantommind:headbang:
5 - Masterplan:
Headliner: Threshold:worship:

Sunday
1 - Raintime
2 - Edguy
3 - Beyond Twilight:headbang:
4 - Circus Maximus
5 - Dead Soul Tribe:worship:

nice suggestions, some of the bands mentioned are on our wishlist, but we definitely will book some bands that are not mentioned yet :).

And Heaven's Cry will be high on the bill, if you do not know them shame on you, haha. No, serious, Heaven's Cry is probably the most underrated band in their genre, absolutely fantastic progmetal, better than Dream Theater! And I am serious about this.

Right now we are talking to some bands and we hope to announce a few more soon. But suggestions are always welcome.

Rene

I absolutely second Rene's laughing at all you fools placing Heaven's Cry so lowly. You will poke your eyes out with rusty spoons after hearing them. Actually, go out and get their album Primal Power Addiction right fucking now and come back and thank me. And maybe Rene too.

But seriously, I'll chime in with the hype: not only are they better than Dream Theater, they're also better than ANY OTHER BAND mentioned in this thread so far (with the exception of maybe Sieges Even, who they still beat in the "energetic music" department). There are very, very few bands in my all time favorites higher than Heaven's Cry and they usually have names like Opeth and Zero Hour, so you shouldn't even try to compete with them anyway.

And before you start telling me that Carnut already proposed Zero Hour and as such they've been mentioned in this thread, no, he suggested "Zero Houre", who sound suspiciously French ;)

So once more: go out and listen to Heaven's Cry's incredible album "Primal Power Addiction". I don't know where you can get it though because they're signed with some obscure little label from the Netherlands... Devious records or something like that. Anyone ever heard of them?

;P

As for our (Martyna's and Daniel's) dream lineup, incorporating what we already know:

Pre-party:
Meshuggah
Dream Theater

Saturday:
No bands at all because we always spend Saturday getting drunk and missing all the fucking bands. So no bands on Saturday. More Russians for drinking though.

Sunday:
Jon Oliva's Pain, to wake us up, maybe, in case we fell asleep at Sjiwa.
Next we have a back-to-back concert of Beyond Twilight and Circus Maximus; this way we can play "can you tell if Circus Maximus are already playing or if this is still Beyond Twilight", one of the funnest party games ever.
Then Heaven's Cry play as long as they fucking want to. 1am for all I care.
And finally a 3 hours show from Textures, because fuckit if 2006 taught me anything, it's that NO ONE can fucking play after Textures. Merce-who? They sounded like fucking Abba in comparison to the audio genocide that is Textures.

Uhm. Serious. You want me to be serious. Right.

Okay, so here's our wishlist for 2007 in no particular order and with a heavy bias on unknown/small bands:

Tomorrow's Eve -- because I fucking love those guys
Neurothing -- if Textures are the dutch Meshuggah, these guys are the Polish Meshuggah. Check them out here: zomg it's a myspace page
I'll repeat what Wojtek said: Stolen Babies, Gojira, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Sikth, Dagoba
Atrophia Red Sun
(fucking awesome prog death with lots of electronic stuff, inspired by Cynic -- guess whose space has a lot of their songs and their official webpage whose name has arse in it has one more song online. They fucking play live with gas masks. What else do you need to know?
Lord of Mushrooms are crazy French guys that you should know--you know them, don't you? Maybe they're too big for PP ;P Anyhoo, here's the obligatory myspace link and their official webpage whose url sufficiently describes their music
Mechanical Poet are an awesome band from Russia. They make something like progressive soundtrack metal. They have *gasp* no myspace page, but they have a real webpage. And hey, if you book them we'll have Russians to party with again. And Rene, make sure they place them right next to our room again :D
As far as big bands go, how's about letting Opeth headline Saturday? I guess you're saving Porcupine Tree, Meshuggah, Dream Theater, and Fates Warning for the 10th anniversary PP in 2008? ;P

Martyna edit: also, Anekdoten

:cool:
Bringa said:
I absolutely second Rene's laughing at all you fools placing Heaven's Cry so lowly. You will poke your eyes out with rusty spoons after hearing them. Actually, go out and get their album Primal Power Addiction right fucking now and come back and thank me. And maybe Rene too.

Well, I offcourse I don't want to be laughed at and had to hear Heaven's Cry and must say they sound very,very good... but on the other hand not THAT good to get my rusty spoons out of the closet. Well, luckely we all have different opinions of bands: Heaven's Cry never will never be my favorit band (I like a little more metal in my prog ) but if every person over here comes up with one band like HC Progpower will get a hell of a bill ... So for Heaven's Cry : APPROVED :headbang:

Pre-Party
1 - Aoura
2 - Khoma

Saturday
1 - End of Green
2 - Extol
3 - Apostasy
4 - Circus Maximus
5 - Heaven's Cry
Headliner: Devin Townsend Band

Sunday
1 - Draconian
2 - Chain Collector
3 - Raunchy
4 - Darkane
5 - Meshuggah

My wishlist:

Tarot :headbang:
Masterplan
Ayreon (or better: Star One with Russell Allen)
Delain
Threshold
Heed
Cloudscape
Balance of Power
Brainstorm
Jon Oliva's Pain

I know a band for the after party too. You probably don't know them, but they suit the after party very well (they don't fit on any other day that weekend).
They're called Frodo & The Stray Gang and well...you'll have to see them before you'll understand what they play.
Rene might have seen them once before, but they are not very well-known. (neither are they very prog, but anyway)
No, just kidding, they really SUCK, please don't put them on stage

Jeroen Geraedts said:
If you want Russel Allen, why not have Symphony X?

because I'm not exactly a fan of them, I dig some but not all of their stuff. Would go see them, though. :)

But what Arjen brought to us on his one-and-only tour of Ayreon/Star One IMHO ranks high above anything else Russell ever did. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Pre-party
1 - Circus Maximus
2 - Jon Oliva´s Pain
Saturday
1 - Pain of Salvation
2 - Heven's Cry
3 - Sieges Even
4 - Pagan´s Mind
5 - Vanden Plas

Sunday
1 - Andromeda
2 - Abydoss
3 - Symphony X
4 - Wolverine
5 - DREAMSCAPE

Pre-party

1 - Kamelot
2 - Magellan

Saturday

1 - Threshold
2 - Symphony x
3 - Shadow Gallery
4 - Jadis
5 - Enchant
Headliner: The Flower Kings

Sunday

1 - Pain of Salvation
2 - Riverside
3 - Anathema
4 - Sylvan
5 - Sieges Even
Headliner: Porcupine Tree

I think those would be great:headbang: :p

Alternate list to my previous one:

Pre-party

1 - Circus Maximus
2 - Kamelot

Saturday

1 - Lord of Mushrooms
2 - Anglagard
3 - Karmakanic
4 - Voyager
5 - Deadsoul Tribe
Headliner: Heaven's Cry

Sunday

1 - Pain of Salvation
2 - Riverside
3 - Anathema
4 - Sylvan
5 - Sieges Even
Headliner: Porcupine Tree:cool:

carnut said:
Friday
Twisted Into Form
Beautiful Sin

Saturday:
Heaven's Cry (haven't heard them yet, so could be higher on the bill)
Sieges Even
Zero Hour (edit ;-)
Circus Maximus
John Arch
Outworld

Sunday :
Pagan's Mind
Beyond Twilight
Mechanical Poet
Pantommind
Seventh Wonder
Jon Oliva's Pain

:headbang: :headbang:

I would be dead after this lineup. But I would have had two of the happiest days of my life!

I would change the order of the band putting Zero Hour and Sieges Even on top, but for the rest it would be a total blast!