Dream Theater: Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Already has a thread, but ya, basically A Nightmare to Remember is a good song and the rest is pretty boring.

Oh ya, Shattered Fortress sounds good too but it's still kinda a turnoff that it's pretty much a copy-and-pasted combination of the other songs in the series. Best of Times or whatever it was had some good parts too - but I still stick to what I said for the rest of the album; it was pretty boring.

From the few songs I heard, I'm left with this thought, you can't shove 12 gallons of shit into a 6 gallon can. These guys will always be making albums that are nothing but wankfests. Their last good album was "Awake." At least, at that time they seem concerned about song composition. But hey, that's just me. I hope some can enjoy this album.

From the few songs I heard, I'm left with this thought, you can't shove 12 gallons of shit into a 6 gallon can. These guys will always be making albums that are nothing but wankfests. Their last good album was "Awake." At least, at that time they seem concerned about song composition. But hey, that's just me. I hope some can enjoy this album.
Why do I even post, man? You'll just say whatever it is that I was going to. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Opinions etc bla bla etc bla etc

I agree that (maybe) the last "amazing" work of theirs is Awake, but it doesn't mean that they other ones are shit tho, Train Of Thought and Scenes From Memory are amazingly good. But what would you say if they kept repeating themselves each album after Awake? :rolleyes:
Shattered Fortress is a combination of the other songs but it still great !!

my god, i just listened to a nightmare to remember. the 2nd part of that guitar solo at nine mins something was something of the worst ive ever heard :lol:

After having listened to this album several times, the majority of the album is pretty meh for me, especially Shattered Fortress which is so boring because it is a complete re-hash.
That being said, The Count of Tuscany is one of my all-time favorite Dream Theater songs! Go figure...

Pretty much what you just said was "blah blah blah I don't like complicated music".

Dream Theater can shovel 12 gallons of shit into a coke can and still make it taste good.

Haven't heard the album yet though.

Bought the 3-disc edition. IMO, there are some excellent parts and some parts that just seem too long. I need to listen to it more, but I'm liking the majority of it. The 2nd disc is all cover songs, and actually sounds way better than the actual album! Even Labrie's vocals are immencely better on the cover songs, go figure...

The 3rd disc (the album without vocals), I haven't heard yet...