DREAM THEATER Images, Words & Beyond 25th Anniversary N.A. Tour

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
DREAM THEATER ANNOUNCE THIRD AND FINAL LEG OF IMAGES, WORDS & BEYOND 25TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR; NORTH AMERICAN DATES REVEALED

"...Dream Theater has announced the third and final leg of their Images, Words & Beyond 25th Anniversary Tour, which sees the pioneering group celebrating the 25th anniversary of their milestone RIAA gold-certified album, Images & Words. The North American headline dates kick off October 25th at Oakland’s Fox Theatre. The trek takes the band throughout the US, including dates at NYC’s Beacon Theatre and L.A.’s Wiltern, as well as a stop at the Sony Centre in Toronto. Like previous legs, the show will be presented as an “Evening with Dream Theater,” with no opening act. The tour will feature an unparalleled live set of Images & Words in its entirety, along with fan favorites from their deep, widely-acclaimed catalog..."

dreamtourjuly.jpg

October
25 - Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
26 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
28 - Phoenix, AZ - Celebrity Theatre
29 - ABQ, NM - Kiva Auditorium
31 - Denver, CO - Paramount Theater

November
2 - Wichita, KS - Orpheum Theatre
3 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theater
4 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center
6 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theater
8 - Pittsburgh, PA - Palace Theatre
9 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
10 - Buffalo, NY - Rapids Theatre
12 - Toronto, ON - Sony Centre
14 - Albany, NY - The Palace Theater
15 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
16 - New York, NY - Beacon Theater
18 - Asbury, Park, NJ - Paramount Theater
19 - Philadelphia, PA - Merriam Theatre
27 - Baltimore, MD - The Lyric
28 - Raleigh, NC - Memorial Auditorium
29 - Nashville, TN - War Memorial Aud.

December
1 - Austin, TX - Bass Hall
2 - Dallas, TX - The Pavilion
3 - Houston, TX - Cullen PAC

Cincy is a fully seated theater. Are the rest of the venues the same way? I understand that for the "Astonishing" performance, but for this that seems odd..... Not that I would miss this, but not looking forward to someone sitting behind me bitching that I'm standing the entire show.

On the bright side, thanks to Glen, we get Portnoy & Co to do the AA suite in its entirety. Not quite on the level of I & W, but still pretty good considering DT hasn't done several of those songs since their respective albums. In particular, I'm looking forward to seeing This Dying Soul live.

Reactions: ToddS
I was going to travel however long it took to see this show. It'll be full circle for me after being super lucky to have seen them tour this disc in 92. Turns out I only will be driving 15.2 miles. Cincinnati rarely gets anything but the Taft theater is perfect for them. Now I'm waiting for tickets to go on sale...

Just got my ticket for the Nashville show. Only downside is they are playing at the War Memorial. Seating is horrible there...but I'll be standing.

WTF? War Memorial ticket site states: "The Astonishing is undisputedly the most ambitious undertaking by a band whose cerebral compositions already define the vanguard of progressive hard rock. “This is the next natural step in our evolution,” declares longtime frontman James LaBrie. “This is a pinnacle moment for us. This is something we had to do.”

I think someone didn't get the memo about I&W.

How is seating horrible? I bought tickets for Nashville and will be driving down from Birmingham

After just seeing Gojira and Opeth this is my recommendation....get the floor section or if you get the balcony....the first row or last row. There is literally no leg room in the middle rows and no room to walk out. My knees were touching the back of the seats in front of me and I'm only 5'8".

Saw this last Monday in Cincinnati, and as a long time fan who has seen DT nearly 20 times over the years..... This was on of, if not THE BEST, show I have ever seen them put on. The set list..... The tightness of the band.... And the return to including long portions of non-album material surrounding some of the songs is very reminiscent of seeing them back in the early 90s all over again. I sincerely hope they are recording somewhere on this tour for a DVD.

I saw the show in Peoria IL a week or so. While the band was firing on all cylinders instrumentally, they are not doing James Labrie any favors by making him try to do stuff from 25 years ago. He was seriously laboring on the I & W material, and this coming from a staunch Labrie supporter. I am hoping the show I saw was just an aberration as many earlier reviews were stating how well he was doing with these shows. I still give him props for trying, and at least then I know he's not using pre-recorded backing tracks like so many other supposed "live" bands.