Dream Theater in London = awesome

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
I saw Dream Theater last night at Wembley Arena. Brilliant.

Obviously there will be spoilers for their Australian tour (well, I'm guessing the setlist will be similar, but there may be a longer set) but that's cool man, that's cool.

I only arrived in London yesterday morning so I was operating on about 90 minutes sleep in 48 hours, but I'm pretty awesome so that's OK. We missed Unexpect but I didn't mind.

Bigelf were pretty good. I didn't know any of the songs even though I have one whole album. Mike Portnoy came out to play drums on one song.

Opeth were very good. I knew most of the songs too. Mikael Akerfeldt is a funny old fellow. Now that I've seen them live I have no desire to see them again.

Dream Theater's setlist, then:

A Nightmare to Remember
The Mirror
Lie
Prophets of War
Wither
The Dance of Eternity
Drum solo
Take the Time

Encore
The Count of Tuscany

Some notes: Mikael from Opeth sang the growly bit in A Nightmare to Remember - awesome. Much better than on the album, obviously.

When The Mirror started I wondered if they were going to play the whole AA suite, but no.

I didn't think it would, but Wither went OFF. Such a great song live.

Drum solo: started as a solo, then Mike brought out the dude from Unexpect and jammed with him, then the guy from Bigelf and then the guy from Opeth. Then all four played together. Great stuff.

Take the Time - they cut out a verse or two. After the first chorus they went straight to the "close my eyes, and feel the water rise around me" bit.

The Count of Tuscany was AWESOME.

So that's it. No Metropolis or Pull Me Under. That's cool. I wasn't sure if I can afford to see them again in Brisbane but have decided that I definitely can.

Yeah, it is kind of weird. Seems the mainstays are A Nightmare to Remember, Dance of Eternity and The Count of Tuscany with everything else changing. Tuscany is an AWESOME choice to close the show.