Dream Theater..... (...Maybe Demonspell??)

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
What dream theater tracks should i pick up...??

I am after stuff like 'Fatal Tragedy' and 'The test that stumped', with crazy guitarwork (like Nevermore's POE).

I've got a few tracks, and a few albums that i've bought, but nothing really grabs my attention like 'Fatal Tragedy' does, with it's almost 'Dave Mustaine' style guitawork....

Help? I can see that they're a good band, but I need a bit of guidance to sort through all the boring crap (sorry, no offence!) that they seem to enjoy scattering around their albums.

hehehe, this is kinda funny, i am a regular member of John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy's forums, and i see posts like this ALL THE TIME about Opeth... to me there's no contest, Opeth is the most godly band that ever existed, but Dream Theater i have loved longer and is my second favorite band. So anyway, really and truly the entire album Scenes From A Memory is just great! get that whole thing if you can, and also check out the song A Change Of Seasons, 23 minutes or something and it is really cool. I own all of DT's stuff and SFAM is their best, followed by Images & Words, but i get the feeling you woldn't enjoy I&W too much (not too heavy, sound's almost a bit 80's-ish but i still love it!) Awake is prolly their heaiest album so far, so maybe try there too, songs like Lie, The Mirror, Caught In A Web, or Erotomania (this one has an awesome guitar solo in it) anyway hope i helped a bit.

One of my favourite DT songs is 'The Mirror' because it's the best song to headbang to.. :D
It's really catchy...

Heavy and progressive is what you want?

Metropolis pt. 1
6:00
The Mirror/Lie
Burning My Soul (ever hear the demo? Beats the shit out of the album version...)
Lines In The Sand
Beyond This Life
Blind Faith
The Great Debate
War Inside My Head

Hey man. I consider myself a Huge ass DT fan and There is alot you will dig. Start out by checking out The Mirror and Lie. Those are pretty heavy songs and shit like that. Then you might like The Glass Prison. But thats new. Hope this helped. Peace!

Ted Jr.

Dream Theater is comming to my town i should get into them too so keep the personal biased opinion crap comming so i can go out do the oposite and see if they are great enough to still like them ( im almost shure they are )

And btw im the legal spoker person of the Dark Tranquillity management and my clients have informed me that they are in the process of getting a patent on the abreviation DT for Dark Tranquillity so until our alegation is confirm or denied please stop calling Dream Theater DT...its confusing and Dork Tranquillizer is more present amongs these forums.