Dream Theater revival!!!

Katatonic

Not My Own
Sep 10, 2001
Sydney
the first DT album i ever bought was "awake". this album was quite good, but a bit to glammy for my tastes. i had never really thought much of these guys until i bought (on a whim), metropolis part 2 - scenes from a memory. that is a goddamn awesome album, and if you don't have it you don't know what you are missing.

what do you guys think of them?

DT kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
Pull me under
change of seasons
i like Anna Lee and Peruvian Skies a lot even tho they're not like their very best songs heh

well, awake isnt that awful, its just that they probably shouldnt have put 6:00 on the first track :)
I thought it didnt worth its money the first time i heard it but if you give it a few spins itll turn out awesome man.
Plus, its the most heavy album of DT.
You guys have to see them live :)

Dream Theater rules!!
dl these songs:
Metropolis part 1
Learning to Live
A Change of Season ( Warning: over 20 min long!! but well worth it)
Home

It seems to me, that many people here hates James's vocals. In my opinion they're great, not always, but in most of the songs. Some of my fave DT-songs are:
The Mirror/Lie
Space Dye-Vest
A Change Of Seasons
Disappear
The Great Debate
Overture 1928/Strange Deja Vu
A Mind Beside Itself (erotomania,voices,the silent man)
etc...their recent live disc was a BIG disapointment, I've seen them live and they were much better than on that disc!

http://octoberfalls.cjb.net
melodic - death - metal

Actually I hate Dream Theater (I hate the lady on the microphone).. they ARE good musicians and they COULD have done some great prog albums, but they're too "mainstream".. not exactly the word.. i hope u get it .. in my opinion that is.
BUT I've listened to The Dance Of Eternity and I like it (probably because it lacks the vocals).. which album is it in?

DoE is on SFAM.

I fucking love Dream theater, prolly my second favorite band behind Opeth. Definitely 6DoIT and SFAM are the best to me, but the hardcore proggers will all tel lyou it's images and words. I love all 3 albums and Awake actually, And ACOS, only ones i don't like so much are Faling Into Infinity and When Dream And Day Unite.

I've considered each album my favorite until the next one was released (with the exception of FII - never cared for that one that much...) so, obviously, 6DoIT is my fav right now... I, too, find myself enjoying Opeth more than DT lately...

Images and Words is superior to the rest. Awake and A change of Seasons are next in line and also superior to the rest. LaBrie's vocals go to hell soon after Awake. Scenes from a memory is pretty good Musically. There is no song that will make you like them right away, you have to get used to them, but get Images, nothing else compares and a Tr00 fan, as bumblefoot will tell you, has to agree. Hehehe. Anyone who thinks this newest cd is comparable to Images just isn't really into Dream Theater really. They are a mere casual fan. They don't understand the begginning with Kevin Moore, the NEW unique sound they created with astounding lyrics. The lyrics are silly these days (see The Great Debate) and the music is not bad, but as with all bands (pick one, Metallica, Megadeth,Opeth, anyone else with few exceptions) the later albums cheapen. It's like a natural law in music.

Nah, I disagree Metal88... I've liked DT since I&W and though I love that album, I think they have matured since... EDIT: Also, don't say I'm not really into DT... If I'm not into DT then could you please explain why I have all their albums PLUS all their side-project material? While you're at it, explain how it is that I know other people who feel the same way and have the same history with the band that I do?
EDIT EDIT: (heh heh) I'm not trying to be offensive (defensive?) but I really hate when people make outrageous claims just to support their opinions... w00t!