Dream Theater Song During Lakers / Spurs Game

Prog_Please

Apr 25, 2008
San Francisco
I was watching the Lakers vs. Spurs game on ABC and sure enough, "Metropolis, Pt. 1" was playing in the background. Granted, it was just the instrumental part at the start of the song, but I still thought that was pretty cool.

The guy in charge of the music in SA is a big DT fan. He's been doing that for around 10 years I believe. Love it when it happens on national TV!

Not DT, but... I've noticed that WSB radio in Atlanta uses a LOT of Rush songs in the background during station promos. Most recognizeably "The Spirit of Radio," which was used exactly as you'd expect (and even included some of the vocals), but also "Everyday Glory," "Red Lenses" and at least one other tune. Pretty awesome to hear that.
They're the biggest station in Atlanta listener-wise, so lots of people are getting a daily dose of Rush, sneaky-fashion. :D

Yeah, I've definitely heard this numerous times during televised NBA games. Didn't recall if they were all Spurs games or not though, but if he is a fan, I suppose it most likely was.

Hah thats cool. The most we get in football, of the english kind, is probably When The Saints Go Marching In with modified lyrics. But then again I don't know what they play at the stadiums during half time/end of game cause the cameras cut to commercials fast.

I think I remember hearing an Edguy or possibly a sonata arctica tune during one of the olympic events during the last summer games.