• Scenes from a Memory

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Train of Thought

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
dorian gray said:
LOL @ the idea of lizard as a DT fan. Just funny to me for some reason.
Anyway, I was huge HUGE into DT when I&W came out. Then Awake blew me away, then ACoS came out and it was hard to get into at first. Then that piece of shit FII came out and I began to think I had made a large error in judgement by spending so much time listening to basically one band for so many years. Then SFaM came out and I felt redeemed. That album just kicked ass. Then the next two came out and I though, "meh" and I began to listen to many many other bands and I finally realized that DT are a terrible terrible band.

Ok, seriously, the older albums might still sound good but I can't bring myself to listen to them because they *are* pretty cheesy. And goddam Mike Portnoy sucks.

I, too, have followed this exact same thought path. DT SOUL MATES?!

And actually I did have a relapse and listen to AWAKE about 2 weeks ago, and it still sounded pretty much as great as it used to. It was refreshing to hear again.

But I still vomit a little when LaBrie rhymes confused with amused, and pronounces amused as amoooozed

Chromatose said:
But I still vomit a little when LaBrie rhymes confused with amused, and pronounces amused as amoooozed
DT Soul Mate,
that always bothered me too. But I ignored it in favor of the blistering guitar work on that album. If Petrucci is a heartless machine, then I want to be a robot too.

Uhm, where can I get this DVD? I have the 2-disc CD. Is this actually a DVD and I don't know it?

Reign in Acai said:
Listening to Awake is better than touching a pair of breasts.
Touching breasts really isn't that exciting for me. Now that I've seen my son suck on a pair for 8 months :erk:

Same here, dude. Up until someone without insurance driving a brand new Durango totalled my wife's car, we were driving two cars with a combined age of 21 years. Yeah, we finally broke and bought her a new Subaru but I still drive an 11 year old car.
Bottom line is, just get used to it. As long as there exists unethical lenders, there will be lower class denizens and illegals driving brand new F350 diesels (without insurance of course).

Ok fags, if you don't like the band then don't bother posting, I'm sure your thoughts are well documented on this fucking forum somewhere. (Cue demands for search option to return)

Anyhow, this one is for those of us who do enjoy the band or have at one point or another.

I'm listening to Metropolis pt. 1 right now, remembering how much this song kicks my ass! Mike Portnoy is a damn beast!! The instrumental section of this is just sick.

So, which era is you favorite, the Kevin Moore era, the Derek Sherinian era, or the Jordan Rudess era? Each keyboardist's approach has altered the DT sound and I'm curious as to how those who do listen to the band rate the different musicians.

Kevin Moore 1000%! Awake imo is the best album they made. It has such a dark but still shiny atmosphere and production.