Dreams D'azur

Jun 24, 2005
El Salvador
I feel so happy!!! today I received the Dreams D'azur album!!! :hotjump:
This was the last I was missing to complete the collection. Wow!! this album is beautiful. It sounds better than "I wish I Could Dream It Again". I wonder why they re-recorded it again? specifically why this album? Is this the album that they like the most?

Take the "I" from it, because the name is just "Wish..." :p

Honestly happy for you man! :)

The reason why they did a remake for that album, can be read on one of the manny interviews of Novembre on the fansite:

HS: Well, In 2002 "Dreams D'azur" (1994 "Wish I Could Dream It Again" reissue) you re-recorded all the songs but you didn't change their impact or their writing, so I guess it was very important for you to present them as they are.

Carmelo: Sure! The reason why we've re-recordered it is because the people kept on asking us for copies of the old album and we didn't have them.

HS: Didn't you have a master copy of the original record?

Carmelo: Yes! But there weren't any additional copies left, and we wanted, if necessary, to re-mix it because the album, as it was, couldn't be issued for a big record label such as Century Media, it was too rudimental. The recording was good, because it had been done by Dan Swanö, but there were some mistakes and some wrong things in our performance...and we were very young; I was 19 and Giuseppe (Orlando, Carmelo's brother and Novembre drummer) was 16. When we tried to re-mix it we realized that our reels were so old that it was impossible to do it with today's means, so I said "Let's re-record it, but let's try to make it sound the same, just with some slight modifications to it". We worked very hard to re-create the same mood, but in the end we changed very few things..it's almost the same! In addition, we wanted the people to know those pieces that, in our opinion, still remain very good...I mean..they don't sound dated.

hmm... so those are the reasons why... I supposed it from a very beginning. Regarding the I on Wish... I was too excited that I didn't notice it, hehehe. besides, I was not wearing my lenses.