• Haven't heard of the band...

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
:headbang: They rock! I just discovered them not too long ago, and must say the new album is just terrific - Catch without Arms.

Songs that totally "do" it for me are | Bug Eyes, Catch without Arms & Ode to the Sun | ....for now, anyway.

I have only listened to the album once, but wow, I have a feeling that there won't be a single track that is inferior to the other.

they have a deftones/prog rock feel, which is a good thing.

check out el cielo, it's a better album in my opinion. it isn't as catchy or commercial as the new one, but it feels really cohesive, and the entire album is a listening experience. the new album just feels like a bunch of songs slapped together, but they're still pretty good.

Ode to the Sun is wonderfull!
Havent heard much of the rest of the album I have the bad habbit of sticking to one song and not listening to any of the other songs...

Juniper said:
Havent heard much of the rest of the album I have the bad habbit of sticking to one song and not listening to any of the other songs...
Oh, you're not alone :erk:

Vincent J. just introduced me to that band a few days ago... it's not what I usually listen to but really cool.

Dredg are amazing in my opinion. "Catch Without Arms" is more straightforward, more harmonious in a way than their previous one "El Cielo", but the mystic melodies and approach are still there. You should check out both albums, it's worth the try nevertheless.
I got into them with Leitmotif, their 1999 release and back then they were more post-hardcore than you probably can guess from their current sound, but I loved it and nothing has changes since then.
Besides.. they're so great live!

Yes, dredg is a local band from where i used to live in the US, hehe, for that reason i know them too well, they are very good and well, not much similitude wityh katatonia but goo indeed.

omg I love this band... I've known them for about a year now, and I think their so great. They definately deserve more succes! but I think they will get more than they have now.