Droppin 3gs on a new PC..advice?

+1 for the mac.
My friend who is a top IT guy and has always been PC, just got the new intel based macbook, and has been raving how it runs windows just as good, if not better than PC's do. If you have the money, why not have both platforms available in one machine.

hey guys, i think im gonna go with a mac. naah just kidding..i really really want a pc. please help me out with a pc purchase :(

Nah man, don't mind the fact that the guy has explicitly stated twice that he's after a PC. Maybe throwing some apples at him will make him see the light.

EDIT:... make that 3 times now.

So what sort of help do you actually need? I gave you a core hardware list that'll do just fine. What else are you after?

thats pretty much it :) i was wondering if theres any dos and donts are far as integrating my pc with the ff800 is concerned.

also asus,gigabyte etc..is easily available through most dealers..just wondered if there were boards like tyan etc..that people had experience or advice about. also about stuff like xeon chips vs core2duos n stuff. just want to get the most bang for my buck..and not see something on the net the day after i buy it..and wish i had gotten that instead.

i have a really good asus mobo, 4 gb ram, and a delta 1010..yet im maxing at about 50 tracks sometimes....would like to have alot more power...not because i want more plugins...rather because id like to be more creative sometimes, without having to print etc. i also run fairly cpu intensive plugs..waves ir1, wizooverb w2, waves ssl, audiodamage delays (just got a few outboard delays though), urs compressors, and low cuts on alot of tracks.

my current system does a good job..but now i have the chance to get something really pimped..but i hear ya.. a 30 " would be unreal :D

Well if you can hold on a few more months, the core2quadros are going to drop in price a LOT. It depends how desperate you are for the extra CPU power. It will give you a lot more to work with as far as audio is concerned, but like I said, I'm yet to max out the E6600, and that's running it at the lowest hardware buffer available.

I guess if you can find any online reviews of the E6600 benchmarked in applications that your current CPU has been benchmarked in, it may give you a rough idea of what to expect. It's been one of the best bang-for-buck CPUs for a while though. It gives you plenty of overclocking headroom too if you wanna go down that route and suck every bit of juice out of it. It clocks at 2.4ghz stock, but it's fairly easy to push up to about 3.6ghz.

There's a lot of power on offer for a very small price these days. It should be fairly easy to have some money left over for crazy pimped-out peripherals, hehe.

dude..thanks for being so helpful :) and for not reccommending a mac :p i think i will wait a few months..do a bitta research :) core2quads!! yummy!

I, personally, think coke is better than pepsi...but in the end, I think they both suck.

Macs are statistically better, but I don't see myself affording one anytime soon...so AMD it is, for me.

I built mine basically off of EtherForBreakfast's advice and it's been smoking! I have no complaints, other than my Delta66's crash it on occasion. Some kind of sound device error, gives me the 'ol blue screen....but otherwise, I can't complain too much.