Dropping down to C#? (help)

i think down tuning is great for only specific genres. thrash metal and power metal sound best in E or Eb. as for death metal, lower tunings are better to compliment the vocals. black metal goes either way. as for me, i play in a melodic black/death metal band and we tune to B. i use a set of 7 strings minus the high E. it works for what i do, thats why i do it.

Metal is Religion said:
i think down tuning is great for only specific genres. thrash metal and power metal sound best in E or Eb. as for death metal, lower tunings are better to compliment the vocals. black metal goes either way. as for me, i play in a melodic black/death metal band and we tune to B. i use a set of 7 strings minus the high E. it works for what i do, thats why i do it.

Absolutely. I use 13s on my acoustic. If you stare at them hard enough your fingers hurt. I use those big strings because they give a big sound. I write very few "ballads" yet I incorporate acoustic guitars in several songs I have written because those throaty 13s give a dark full sound and I can make an acoustic "metal" in one hell of a way, though most of it is an intro or outro.

Bryant