Drum Programming apps

heavenshell

Jul 26, 2006
Hey guys im new to programming drums i was using tab it but when i export the midi the tempos are way off. so is there anything freewere or demo that are along the same thing (tabs) or anything u guys recommend to program drums.

thanks so much ..

Andrew

thanks gavin dont mind my stupid i never use midi is that a plugin or just the midi in PT i need something that i can program and maybe edit i have drumagog pro if that helps?

dude, create a midi track.

create a stereo instrument(or aux) track.

insert drum plugin on instrument/aux track.

route midi channel output to plugin.

program midi.

if you dont have a program/plugin similar to EzDrummer or DFH or the like, get one...

come back with awesomeness. :Smokin:

or just an instrument track with a rtas instrument on it (which takes care of the routing)

My preference for MIDI in pt is select 4 or 8 bars on the MIDI track in the timeline and hit E (or zoom toggle) and maximize the selection to the screen. Set track view to notes.

Adjust MIDI note height if needed.

I usually turn on dynamic transport as well so I can keep a selection while playing something else (which I hate for everything except MIDI programming)

Now with all that said, these days I either a) drag & drop a beat from Addictive Drums or b) Use the step sequencer in Transfuser.

thanks gavin dont mind my stupid i never use midi is that a plugin or just the midi in PT i need something that i can program and maybe edit i have drumagog pro if that helps?

dude, create a midi track.

create a stereo instrument(or aux) track.

insert drum plugin on instrument/aux track.

route midi channel output to plugin.

program midi.

if you dont have a program/plugin similar to EzDrummer or DFH or the like, get one...

come back with awesomeness. :Smokin:

Bam!