Drum Replacement Accuracy (files inside)

But it isn't possible to load more than one sample per dynamic layer, isn't it? So if I want to replace 100%, it sounds crappy. That sucks, because apart from that the software is working very, very well and it's so much cheaper than drumagog!

Ben

No, you can layer multiple samples per velocity layers, and customize where those velocity layers are split up.

That said, you're still limited to 9 samples, total.

I haven't had to replace anything but kick 100%, and even that I still have a bit of the original signal going through.

It also depends on how much silence there is before the initial transient of the sample you're working with. Each one is different, making it crucial to align visually.

No, you can layer multiple samples per velocity layers, and customize where those velocity layers are split up.

Really? I just can't find out how to do this - I can just bring the several samples near together
with the velocity layer control bar, like this:

aptrigga.gif

But could you maybe explain to me what I have to do to layer multiple samples on one velocity
layer? I have read the manual two times, but it didn't help..

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Ben

Oddly enough, I got better results using the non-fixed latency version of drumagog within cubendo. Still far from perfect though.

what's the "non-fixed latency" version? Does this just mean turning off the auto align feature?

I rarely use auto align as it is, especially if I'm blending. For 100% replacement, obviously the differences are much less noticeable.

I have more trouble with this phenomenon of shifting samples in bleeding OH's. I've never been able to get the auto ducking feature to work right (I'm sure I'm doing something wrong), and mixing tracks where drums were recorded in an empty bedroom, drum replacements can be a nightmare. Add to that the shifts in replacement tones in Drumagog and it can get frustrating. Nothing like hearing the high end smack of a BD reflecting into OH's and sample shifting to make the BD sound like a wet paper bag. At least if the samples didn't shift the wet paper bag tone owuld be consistent!