Drum room treatment question.

melovine

Feb 10, 2009
I have a 13 x 15 drum room with a ceiling the slopes from 9ft at one end to 8 ft at another. There is only one 90 degree angle corner the other three were built out of square on purpose. The floor is wooden paneling. I just picked up 3 four inch pieces of 2x4 703 insulation (I plan on building bass traps) to begin treating the room. My question is would it be wiser to use the 3 pieces of 703 for a cloud over the drums? treat the corners? Or begin constructing gobos for the side if the drums?

This question is unanswerable. I'd suggest building gobos and then moving them around until you get closer to your goal, but no one is going to be able to tell you the right place to place 24sqft of treatment in a space with 650sqft of treatable surface. The best advice the best advice I can give would be to solve any obvious flutter echo and then start thinking about your corners. Your issues are going to vary based on where you put the kit too. There is nothing magic about 90deg. corners but your lack of them does imply that there are minimal parallel surfaces which may help you out.