Drum samples...

I sent two e-mails (one from another account then from the paypal associated account) and didn't get any usefull info back except to send another e-mail... which I did.
So far nothing.

you should have received an email telling you to send a paypal address along with your DAFS# to rebate@stevenslatedrums.com do it now and you'll get your rebate... everyone else should have received their rebate.. if not just toss me an email at support@stevenslatedrums.com with your DAFS# order number.

You guys are going to love the new hits. Plus they will be super easy to use with your favorite sampler.

you should have received an email telling you to send a paypal address along with your DAFS# to rebate@stevenslatedrums.com do it now and you'll get your rebate... everyone else should have received their rebate.. if not just toss me an email at support@stevenslatedrums.com with your DAFS# order number.

You guys are going to love the new hits. Plus they will be super easy to use with your favorite sampler.

This is exactly what I did, but didn't hear back yet.
I'll send you a PM and we take it from there.

hey man, PM'd you, our payment to you was "unclaimed" we sent another. New demos coming soon with the new drums!

Hey Steve weres the new hits? By the way im loving your snare's man best ones out of my collection by far!

we're editing them now man, but i'm glad to hear you are digging the current hits. Let me know your personal favorites, I'm always curious to hear people's tastes. I'm also delighted to find out that Andy himself is diggin them and is using them to augment some stuff on his new mixes, I'm waiting to find out more about which hits he particularly likes.

the new V2 will more then double the size of the collection. The new snares are f'ing awesome sounding. There is a ton of editing going on now and we're aiming for the end of the month. But it will be worth the wait because it will be so freaking quick fun and easy to get the most killer sounding drums. Stay tuned.

we're editing them now man, but i'm glad to hear you are digging the current hits. Let me know your personal favorites, I'm always curious to hear people's tastes. I'm also delighted to find out that Andy himself is diggin them and is using them to augment some stuff on his new mixes, I'm waiting to find out more about which hits he particularly likes.

the new V2 will more then double the size of the collection. The new snares are f'ing awesome sounding. There is a ton of editing going on now and we're aiming for the end of the month. But it will be worth the wait because it will be so freaking quick fun and easy to get the most killer sounding drums. Stay tuned.

Kik arse!!! so we get em free? if so your getting cyber suck off:lol:

very cool daunt... musickey, as long as you own the current collection, you'll get the new VERSION 2 drums all for FREE. It will more then double the collection, and the new hits are breathtaking.. You guys will love them.

The discount for the smeared discs is over.. BUT!! Our webguy hasn't taken the link down.. So if you go there and buy it, we can't do anything about it! So hurry and get your 20 bucks off with free shipping!

www.stevenslatedrums.com/offer.html

I have never been able to get my samples to sound as punchy in the mix as demos on this page, especially Daunt. That is exactly the sound in the snare I have never been able to achieve. Somewhere between thwappy and punchy and room sustain if that makes any sense. I own Slate samples, and usually just blend them with the drums like 50/50. I always have some internal battle that some engineer will come back and say that my drums sound too drum machine-like, so I never really go for the whole 100% blend. I need advice on when to use the Z4's and Z2's, and what type of compression if any is being used after the sample, or are thy compressed this way out of the box. Should I use verbs on the samples? Are you using any parallel compression? Please help me take my drums to the next level. I simply cannot go any further in metal and hard rock with my acoustical drum skills.

for the slate snares, i'll usually use the dry Z3 sample, add some of the Z4 room sound, then also send the Z3 to a parallel comp. and reverb of some sort. i don't know why, but i tend to like the sound of both a reverb plug and the Z4 layers blended together...EQ'ing the extreme top and bottom out of the reverb also helps...and if you're gonna use a parallel comp, start out with the most extreme settings - fastest attack, slowest release, highest ratio, and lowest threshold, then back off the release and threshold until you get just the right amount of SMACK going on.

the only other thing i'll do, if it's needed, is to slap the URS BLT EQ plug on the Z3 track...the only controls on it are for hi/lo/level, and for me the hi/lo controls are fixed at the perfect frequencies to push a snare through a dense mix