Drum samples...

got mine over the mail a few days ago. i quickly tried them and wow, they sound damn good. thanks for this, steven!

Warning: Steven Slate Drums will not help sloppiness, but they may help to distract from it by making the sounds kick ass!!

Ok fellas, all those who bought the disc will be getting an email soon about the rebate. If you don't get it within the next five days, email me at support@stevenslatedrums.com with your order number.

We've dealt with all three of the big metal guys above. First two were cool, third was kind of an ass.

Check out this RIPPIN audio demo done by Sneap Forum member PHIL:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customerphil.mp3

ARRRGHGHDFHJDOLFGLJFFlfljdeofg949fidhkfkd I hate my stupid voice.:yuk:

That was one of the worst drummer I've ever heard! :lol: OMG!

Talk about polishing a turd Ahahhahahaaa!!

They sound better live but yeah, those tracks wern't the tightest and the band have decided to scrap them and start from scratch. I blame the click track, if you're not SUPER tight then they often make you worse rather than better. The band wanted one as they were planning to record the guitars themselves somewhere else as they had some free studio time on offer. However when they went to track guitars they soon found that it's NOT as easy as it looks if you don't know your gear inside out. Apparently in 6 hours they barely managed to get a sigle track of guitar down. :lol:

So yeah, we're recording them again this coming Sunday and this time there'll be no clicks and no messing around so hopefully we should get a tighter performance down.

as engineers you can only do so much... lik you said, if the drummer isn't 100% ready for a click, its often better with none at all. Phil I think the sounds you got were fantastic though, even the scratch guitar was pretty rippin.

Hi,

got my disc yesterday. I personally don't like the kicks soooo much but the
snares are just perfect and they are what I needed! Here's my little 'customer
demo' - the kick is kick7_Z3 100%, the snare is snare9_Z1 90%:

Original drums.mp3

Slate drums.mp3

(it was done quickly, so I didn't care about the ghost notes)

Regards,
Ben

Sounds great man! Kick7 is an interesting choice for metal, its intended for pop and rock since it doesn't have a lot of the crisp attack.

Most metal guys go for kick5 and kick1A and kick2 (Z1), they have the most attack and really cut. You can hear them on a lot of the demos on the page. RS, can you send me the unmastered version of the Slate mp3 to blacklinemusic@aol.com ?? I'd love to throw it through our mastering chain and then host it in our new customer demo page coming up.

That Snare9 was a great choice for your mix, its absolutely RIPS!!

BTW, all the rebate guys hang tight for another day, we're taking care of some issues and will be in touch within the next 48 hours.

Sounds great man! Kick7 is an interesting choice for metal, its intended for pop and rock since it doesn't have a lot of the crisp attack.
Thanks! Yes, but this was a more crossover/limp bizkit-like tune than metal, so the 'klick' of kick 5 didn't suite very well for my taste.

RS, can you send me the unmastered version of the Slate mp3 to blacklinemusic@aol.com ?? I'd love to throw it through our mastering chain and then host it in our new customer demo page coming up.
You've got mail..

Ben

_______

hey guys, if you bought in the groupbuy, send your name, order number, and dafs # to support@stevenslatedrums. You'll then get an email back about the paypal rebate.

Hope everyone is enjoying the hits, you'll soon have a FREE expansion pack upgrade with cymbals and a whole nother kit with 4 snares, all custom made with Adrian from Powerman 5000. He hits like a maniac, its going to rock.

hey slate i got your cd the other day and everything sounds cool but when i go to load the gogs i get a little window that pops up and says "Not a proper gog header" and then i cant hear the sample.....any idea why this is doing this???
hey guys, if you bought in the groupbuy, send your name, order number, and dafs # to support@stevenslatedrums. You'll then get an email back about the paypal rebate.

Hope everyone is enjoying the hits, you'll soon have a FREE expansion pack upgrade with cymbals and a whole nother kit with 4 snares, all custom made with Adrian from Powerman 5000. He hits like a maniac, its going to rock.

zombie, sorry for the late reply, hopefully you sent an email in to us and one of my guys already has taken care of you.. my first question is do you have Drumagog 4.07 or later? Also, did you go to the advanced tab and route it to the Steven Slate Drums folder (the one with the GOGS in it).

Ok guys, just wanted to post two new metal audio demos from a CUSTOMER named Bdiggy:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/TheCalling10.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/Narrow11.mp3

Also, we just did an expansion pack with drummer Adrian Ost and his CUSTOM made drums, it will almost DOUBLE the amount of hits on the disc and will be a free upgrade. Therefore, our collection will have more drums without the need for expansion packs then any drum collection out there. We will also have a full multisampled cymbal pack, and mappings for Halion, Kontakt, Battery, EXS, Gigastudio, Reason, and MORE! All free upgrades for whoever purchases the current version 1 collection, which has hits used by some of the biggest names in the industry! Keep sending me more mixes guys!

yeah everything is cool.....i was the one that called you and asked you about it.......i just had to update drumagog like you said.....everything works...great fucking samples man
zombie, sorry for the late reply, hopefully you sent an email in to us and one of my guys already has taken care of you.. my first question is do you have Drumagog 4.07 or later? Also, did you go to the advanced tab and route it to the Steven Slate Drums folder (the one with the GOGS in it).