Drum samples...

I'm not much of a guru when it comes to the sampler and programming stuff so I'll have my programmer answer some of these questions tomorrow.

So what i would open reason up in my nuendo like a VSTi and then with all the slate drums loaded in reason....i would set a midi track up and use the drum map in Nuendo?........i think i understand but maybe not

yes all the slate drums will loaded and mapped out accordingly with Reason. Again, I'll try to get one of my programmer guys who has more experience with the software samps to answer more questions on that. I use the hits for replacement for mixing.

So far 4 of you have purchased the disc via the group buy, make sure you EMAIL me your names and order numbers to support@stevenslatedrums.com

To see the official rules of the group buy, go to:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/sneap.html

Hey guys, here are some audio demos that a customer just sent me today. Its Sean from Los Angeles, its a drum loop that he printed with two different sample sets 100% replacing, and the the original NON sampled drums:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1a.mp3 snare7, kick 1B

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1.mp3 snare 2, kick 2

and now the ORIGINAL DRUMS
www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1b.mp3

pretty cool stuff. I'm going to do another metal demo with kick 5, the mighty METAL KICK.

supposedly fedex is compensating for my mesa cab that they busted up. if they do I'm in too. I love the snare sounds. good god.

hi,
yeah i also just recently got them just trying some out now
man do they sound awesome indeed i am also a drummer myself btw and i tried different ones but these rule man can't wait for that cymbal pack too
great snares and kicks and toms are nice too just to blend them with the original or just completely retrigger them ...

CJWall has those samples, so i heard... would like to hear a clip of his drums and these samples...

I made a short demo of them for Steven using the King Conquer track I posted a couple weeks ago. I'll re-upload it tomorrow morning and post it here. I just took the original mix I had made and replaced the Kick, Snare and Toms with the samples.

Hey guys, here are some audio demos that a customer just sent me today. Its Sean from Los Angeles, its a drum loop that he printed with two different sample sets 100% replacing, and the the original NON sampled drums:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1a.mp3 snare7, kick 1B

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1.mp3 snare 2, kick 2

and now the ORIGINAL DRUMS
www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1b.mp3

pretty cool stuff. I'm going to do another metal demo with kick 5, the mighty METAL KICK.

wow, i would like to hear some heavy guitars on the first clip!

Now that's a cool thread. I'll definitely be in the group buy. Thanks for the opportunity.

CJWall has those samples, so i heard... would like to hear a clip of his drums and these samples...

http://www.box.net/public/uvoc9xuhfh

This is with the Snare and Toms 100% replaced with Steven's samples. The kick I used a different sample for, it just sounded more like what I heard in my head, but the kicks on the CD are amazing as well. I changed this quite a bit from what I had posted to show Steven and some others a few weeks ago.

I used Snare 5, the Deftones-y snare and the Maple Tom set..

So what i would open reason up in my nuendo like a VSTi and then with all the slate drums loaded in reason....i would set a midi track up and use the drum map in Nuendo?........i think i understand but maybe not

Reason isn't a VSTi. It would be slaved to nuendo via rewire. Then you would load up NN-XT (I would assume this would be what they would map the samples for) and load the patch. Anything having to do with the samples would be performed in Reason and anything having to do with nuendo would be done in nuendo and they synce together. The only problem would be that you can't send midi data from nuendo into reason like a vsti, so you would have to exsport/inport into reason.

Charlie, Nuclear, those sound heavy as shit, great stuff. Nuclear which samp sets did you use?

Still at 4 people for the group buy. Its still early in the game, 9 more days left. Even if 3 people bought it a day, you'd still all be getting 20 bucks back. I'll post some PROGRAMMED drums with a customer's own cymbal pack later. Till then, keep spreading the word!

www.stevenslatedrums.com/sneap.html